Premium

Country

US

Device

(iPhone 12 mini)

Operating System

(iOS 14.4)

My Question or Issue

Context: I like to see which playlists I haven’t played in a while.

issue: when I sort my playlists in the library by Recently Played, I like to scroll to the end of the list to find the least recently played. However, the playlists at the bottom of the list are never the least recently played, they are playlists I’ve played more recently.

Example: I just opened my Spotify app. I haven’t played any songs yet. I have my playlists sorted by Recently Played. I scroll to the bottom of the list expecting something I haven’t played in a while. However, at the bottom of the list is a playlist I’ve played recently. So I restart my app. Still have not played any songs. I scroll down again, there’s a different set of playlists at the bottom. These aren’t the least recently played playlists either. I restart again - it shows me the original (incorrect) least recently played playlist at the bottom (from the first time I opened the app). I restart again. It shows me the incorrect least recently played playlists it was showing me after the first time I restarted. And so on, forever. Please fix this, it is ruining my experience.

9 Replies

Hey @Bsh,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Could you clarify whether or not you have a Private session enabled or are using Offline mode? In any case, we recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force an account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device. If that doesn't fix things, could include in your post the exact Spotify version you see at your end? 

Keep u posted how things work out.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, this did not fix the issue. I am not in a private session. My version in the app is: 8.6.50.969

Any other ideas? Is there a way to get this bug fixed?

Hi @Bsh,

Thank you for your swift reply. 

Just to make sure, have you tried checking your library only on your iPhone? Could you access your account with a different device to see if your library shows any change? 

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator

Apologies. I tried responding weeks ago, but just realized my response didn't post. Apparently the Reply hyperlink in the auto-generated email doesn't actually post your reply. Perhaps this forum is as buggy as the Spotify app.

When I sort by Recently Played from the Spotify Library via my PC, it shows a different order than when I do it on my phone.

Hi again @Bsh,

We're sorry to hear that you had some issues when posting your reply, but thanks for keeping in touch.

Just to confirm, is the order showing in your PC the correct one?

Additionally, try force quitting the app twice in a row in your phone. This may sound odd but it's how the app does a refresh.

Keep us in the loop.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I tried checking on two different PCs, each shows a different Recently Played order, neither are correct. At first I thought each PC was only showing the order from that device, but they are also showing recently played playlists that I played from my phone (but not the PC).

I tried force quitting the mobile app twice. This did not fix the issue.

Hi @Bsh,

Thank you for your reply!

When you sort your lists by Recently Played in different devices, sometimes there may be a few discrepancies. 

However, we'd like to keep narrowing down the main issue. Can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Not sure I understand. So you want me to log into someone else’s account from my phone, play their playlists, and see if it sorts correctly? And alternatively, you’d like me to create a new account, create playlists, and see if they sort correctly?

Hey @Bsh!

Thanks for getting back to us.

Yes, we want to check if the app behaves differently on a different account, so that we could narrow down what might be causing the issues here.

Checking with a different account on your devices if you see the correct order will help us see if maybe there is something off with your account.

Give it a shot and keep us in the loop.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts