Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.7.1

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.7.1

What's new in this version (0.7.1):

• New: Ever find yourself wondering what to play on Spotify? Introducing the new Discover experience on iPhone. (Coming soon to everyone.)
  • New: A shiny, new Now Playing view, featuring the 'Up Next' queue on iPhone. (Again, rolling out to everyone soon.)
  • New: Say hello to our new logo.
  • New: You can now edit your playlists on your iPhone.
  • Improved: We’ve changed the order of the iPhone search tabs. Now it’s Artists, Albums, Tracks. (iPhone/iPod only.)
  • Improved: We’ve moved the … context menu button in the Playlist and Album views to the top right of the screen. It’s better there. (iPhone/iPod only.)
  • Fixed: Ford integration now works correctly when your iPhone/iPod is set to a language other than English.
  • Fixed: In your playlist folders, "All Tracks" will now show you the actual number of tracks.
  • Fixed: We’ve sorted lots of crash issues too.
  • Fixed: The unread messages in your inbox will now update correctly.
  • Fictitious: This app shares 73% of its DNA with bees.

Note: If you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [iOS] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting.

Community Ergo Sum
41 Replies

Those features aren't tied to version numbers, since it is now possible to make changes to an application without having to re-release, modern app stores eh? 

I'm yet to see anyone with it, but that being said the most recent playlist view was added and then quickly removed so maybe with feedback they get from the slow release (such as useage information) they have decided to pause and make some changes before rolling it out to the rest of the userbase. 

It is actually a good example:

- New playlist view rolled out to everyone immediately, withdrawn within hours due to public outcry about the missing shuffle button.

- New now playing screen (although don't quote me on this one), rolled out to a small % of users, the dev team realise they have made a mistake or it doesn't work correctly, then they have time to fix and re-release. No public outcry! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I wonder how many of us Spotify friends will go with Google just because this app ofers an equalizer?
What's up with Spotify managers? Those who pay for use Spotify on mobile and in particular on iOS devices. Here the equalizer feature is mandatory. The funny thing is: it was there, the hidden equalizer. But they have killed it. If I where the investor I would fire the product manager.

Suggested posts