Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove friend from IOS Spotfiy App

Remove friend from IOS Spotfiy App

Hi,

I'm trying to remove a friend I have on my Spotify account on my iPhone. This account is not assosiated with Facebook, its a regular spotfy account. On my desktop Spotfiy application I've already removed my friend from people I follow, but for some reason on the IOS app it still shows him on my friends list and there is no way to remove him. FYI I'm good friends with this guy, its just that I'm not interested in following anyone, its just a visual thing for me.

Thank you.

16 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community DamienIV! There isn't a way to remove followers but if you add kudos and comments to the idea every little bit helps, spotify might consider putting it in the next update http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Block-and-or-remove-followers/idi-p/310496

So wait.. is he on my friends list becasue he is following me? 😮

Well, sir since I can't access your account, I wouldn't know, you should wait for a mod.

I'm wondering if it generally works that way; if people follow you, they will end up in the friends list on the Spotify App on IOS?

I could very well be the case.

Yes, I have this exact same problem.

Once upon a time when I added, or deleted, people on the people list in the desktop-version they appeared (or disappeared) in the iOS-app too. But now when they changed it all around to following and followers there's no way to edit the Friends-list in the iOS-app anymore. It feels like the iOS-app is left behind in that sense.

And yeah, I'm not on FB.

How is this coming along? When will we get a "delete friends"-feature in the Spotify-app? Or at least so it syncs the friends list to the desktop-version.

This year, please.

I have a similar problem. I was following someone and she was following me. We are now no longer following each other and I can see she is removed from my PC client but on my iPad and on my Android apps she is still listed as a friend. How do I remove her as a "friend" on the iPad and Android apps or is this simply not possible??

Many thanks in advance for your help - wishing you a fabulous day 🙂

I am a little unfamiliar with the iPad and android applications, but does the "friend" section show all of your Facebook friends or just people you follow? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Both. I only added one friend outside of my facebook friends but she still shows albeit only on the iPad and the Android apps even though I removed her by unfollowing her in the pc app. Very frustrating...

Hey there.

Tried already full re-installing of app?

Yup tried that based on other advice I saw 😞

Hello Captbrim and welcome to the community! have you tried restarting the Device/devices?

Hi, yes I have tried that too. The fact it remains on both my iPad and Android phone but not on the PC client is just odd. Is this a bug in the mobile apps of Spotify? I adore Spotify but am seriously annoyed by this as I hardly ever use my PC i.e. basically live from my iPad.

I can only answer for me, but I don't even have Facebook. The people I follow in the iOS-app are people I've added "manually" when it did sync with the desktop-version.

Also, I have tried to uninstall/reinstall the app, but the friends are still there (still differs from the one I follow on the desktop-version).

Hi is there no update here?  Would really like to resolve this if at all possible.  If it is a recognised issue with the Android and iOS opps then how can we get it added to the list of things to be improved in future releases?

Thanks

Suggested posts