Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone SE

Operating System

iOS 15

My Question or Issue

So I use the repeat all function A LOT, and I've noticed that whenever I select a new song, both from the same playlist and a different playlist, the status of repeat resets to disabled. I remember this being a function of the Repeat(1) option, and I understand the philosophy behind it, but I feel like Repeat (All) should not behave this way. I have also noticed that it does not behave this way on desktop. Is anyone else having this issue?

14 Replies

Hey there @Gimmickmusik,

Thanks for the post.

I tried this both on Desktop and Mobile and the Repeat all function works as expected, even when switching between playlists and devices. 

There could be issues with the app data on your phone causing this issue. I'd recommend you run a clean reinstall of the app, following this guide, to get rid of any possibly corrupted files.

Let me know if that helped.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

So this worked temporarily, but as I woke up this morning it is back to resetting ever time I manually choose a new song to play. I also just did a full system restore on my iPhone (I did not restore from a backup) and downloaded spotify from the app store. I am still seeing the same behavior. 

This is happening to me as well, but only in a specific case. So, say I put repeat 1 or repeat all, I can switch through songs and playlists and it remembers. If I close the app, then reopen it, and resume the song it left off at, it remembers. However, when I close the app, reopen it, click in the same playlist or a new one and play any song, including the one I left off at, but instead of resuming play I re-click on the song, the repeat resets to default of no repeating. 

Hi @CristianCam!

Could you share a short screen recording which shows this behavior in action so we can have a closer look? Feel free to also include the following info:

• Your device's make, model and OS version
  • The version of Spotify you're running

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(iPhone 13 Pro)

Operating System

(iOS 16.1.1)

Issue

If I play any song in my playlist and want the loop function to remain saved, the app resets the loop function again when clicking in the playlist I always have to reactivate the loop, that was not the case a few weeks ago. It's just more convenient when the loop button is saved. Please fix.

Hey @Juls123345,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We moved your post from Chats to the help boards as its content fits better here.

If the function you're mentioning is the "Repeat 1" (OscarDC_1-1668876316780.png) to loop a single song, its expected to change to just "Repeat" if you select a different song from your playlist.

However, if the repeat button keeps turning off, it could be related to some damaged cache stored on your device. In this case, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Lastly, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

OscarDCModerator

No the issue is repeat function without single track playing.

i ve reinstall and deleted cache and all Downloads to test. 

i will play a Playlist and if i click on a track in that playlist the repeat button change to unmark. 

This issue is still present on iOS 15 and 16.

Spotify app version: 8.7.84.360

Already did a clean install of the Spotify app. Did not work.

How to reproduce:

- choose playlist

- play by pressing a song or general play button

- open the now-playing drawer

- press repeat (turns on repeat all)

- press any track for playlist to start playing from there

Issue/Bug:

- repeat is now disabled again.

As a result after the last track on the playlist it just stops, which is very annoying.

Same holds true for repeat-one.

Note:

I just updated the app to see if it was fixed, but it only worked once.

That is, it didn't disable itself once, but afterwards issue re-occurred.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions.

I'm a software-developer myself, hence the elaborate report.

I really need this bug fixed to make listening smooth again, and many other people in similar thread agree I've noticed.

Thanks & Good luck!

Hi there @Juls123345

Thanks for your reply. 

Would you mind sending us a short screen recording of the issue happening so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

Also, sending us the exact Spotify version of your phone would come in handy. 

We'll be waiting for your reply. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi there, here i send you a Google Drive Link with Video and Spotify Version Screenshot.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1q5sgAUNSMnp8evYN5X4UrirFds3_E-zh

Device: iPhone 14 Pro

Operating System: iOS 16.1.1 

This is certainly an ongoing problem. A fresh install and clearing of the cache doesn’t fix it. Super annoying because I always repeat songs. 

Hey folks!

We've forwarded the info to the right teams and we'll get back to you as soon as we have anything new to share.
Keep your app up to date in the meantime 🙂
Thanks!

VasilModerator

Hiya,

the problem still persists. Even with the newest Spotify version issued today and a clean, thorough re-install. 

The repeat all function only works correctly with Albums and Compilations (and “Popular” list in Artist page). It does not work in Playlists when selecting another song (from the same or any other sort of list).  

Unfortunately I cannot submit a screenshot due to the recording exceeding the 5mb limit and have no other option, but it is the same as posted before, here and in other threads. 

plan: Premium individual 

device: iPhone SE 2020

Spotify version: 8.8.12.472 and no changes to the standard settings. 

Hey @Whytellmewhy,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation. 

Since your app is on the latest version, it's possible that some damaged cache from previous updates is still affecting your app. Just to be on the same page, would you mind confirming if you've followed the steps for a clan reinstall mentioned in  this article?

Also, could you check on a different device (using your own account) to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can borrow one from a friend or family member to test it out.

Lastly, if you're having issues attaching the recording, remember that you can also upload it to Google Drive or YouTube and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to watch it).

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts