Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Request for comp/reimbursement for overage fees stemming from ios bug

Request for comp/reimbursement for overage fees stemming from ios bug

I'd like to respectfully request that Spotify make some gesture towards its users who suffered through this bug http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/iOS-Application-using-excessive-mobile-data/m-p/667878#M2838

I'm not doing this in an accusatory manner, just asking that you do whats right for people who request it. I'm a loyal Spotify member and have been since you opened for business in the United States and I'm not going to switch to anything else (though I had to start using Pandora because of this bug), but I paid $30 in overage fees last month and am due to pay $60 this month (I blew through my 3GB cap in 5 days in January, before I figured out the problem)

netflix used to do stuff like this all the time http://37signals.com/svn/posts/1732-ian-hall-writes-last-night-i-was-passively, and I feel that for the high level of everything that I'm used to with spotify, I'm actually surprised you haven't already done something along the same lines.

Please consider it, it feels like a fair request, considering the fact that users of your mobile app are the paying customers on your most expensive paid subscription. 

Cheers

2 Replies

Absolutely agree with you!

Hey guys! 🙂

Spotify consider each case individually normally when dealing with refunds etc. If you want to talk compensation, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they can take it from there. Spotify never deal with any billing issues here on the community. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts