Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search results are unclickable, I can't play them

Search results are unclickable, I can't play them

Plan: Premium

Device: MacBook Pro 2019 & iPad 2019 

operating system: recent enough

Issue:

Search results (songs, albums) are UNCLICKABLE. I try to play them, nothing happens. I right-click the song and try to put in in the queue - the queue remains empty.
This issue persists on both my mac laptop and my iPad.

1 Reply

Hey there @SamiJarvinen,  

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

In case you experience this on both your MacBook and iPad, make sure you run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on each of the devices. This will give the app a fresh start and remove any corrupted data left from previous installations. Check out these steps on how you can do that. 

Tip: Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts. 

If the issue persists, check if any power saving or data cleaning settings are active on your iPad and disable them. It's also a good idea to clean up the hosts file on your MacBook. Simply follow the steps below:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press Return
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit 
  4. Check for any entries with "Spotify" in the address
  5. If you do find any lines with "Spotify", just remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Suggested posts