Selection of songs in my playlist

Plan

Free

Device

(iPhone 7)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

In my spotify playlsit, there are some songs which are played frequently, while others are played after a long time. I always listen to spotify on Shuffle play. Can someone help me understand y does that happen and how could i prevent it. 

Thanks. 

6 Replies

Not 100% sure on how Spotify works their algorighm for shuffle but to me it seems this way as well. I'm pretty sure it favors newer songs in the shuffle and starts adding in older things after.

For a quick solution, you could sort your playlists by scrolling all the way to the top of your playlsit, clicking on the three horizontal bars to the right of the search bar that appears, and either selecting by title, artist, or date added which would change the order of your playlist and could possible result in a different song playback frequency.

When u mention newer songs, do you mean recent songs added by spotify into the system or songs added by you in your play list? 

I used to get that option earlier. But in the latest version i am not able to sort the songs in playlist. 

It's kind of awkward to find, and it took me a few months before I even realized that it was a feature, but I still have access to it in the latest version of the app on ios 12.

And for the sorting methods, you can sort by title, by artist, by the order that they were added to the playlist (date added), or in order that you specify manualy by rearranging the songs in the edit menu (custom, enabled by default).

Thanks a lot. But this feature is not available on the free version on Mobile, https://support.spotify.com/us/article/sorting-and-filtering/

Suggested posts