Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle By Default Sucks_WHY NO OPTION TO TURN OFF SHUFFLE INDEFINITELY

Shuffle By Default Sucks_WHY NO OPTION TO TURN OFF SHUFFLE INDEFINITELY

How many people have to complain that shuffle by default is an awful feature? OR, HOW HARD WOULD IT BE TO IMPLEMENT A SETTING WHERE YOU CAN TURN OFF SHUFFLE INDEFINITELY? It’s ridiculous. You should have the option. I have been repeatedly looked up an album and pressed play for it to skip to a random song. Or, skip to a random song in the album. Basically, my Spotify experience has become: look up an album and then hit the first song and then turn off shuffle. Really?!?!

The only possible reason is that the algorithm developers insist on the feature?

Who the **bleep** would ever listen to an album in shuffle? Looking for an alternative app. YouTube music is not better. Any suggestions? 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

2 Replies

I ended up uninstalling Spotify & Reinstalled it! Was a pita! I never selected Shuffle play & it just started today FFS! 😡
But Uninstall & Reinstall seems to have fixed it.
Spotify Premium btw.

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The shuffle option shouldn't be switched on automatically if you didn't have it enabled on a playlist before closing the app. A clean reinstall is always your best option when something doesn't seem to work as it is supposed to. Corrupted cache sometimes causes issues with the app, and sometimes there are bugs that cause malfunctions with certain systems. These are usually resolved with app updates. 

For the best results, we recommend you follow the steps from this Spotify Answer in order to perform a clean reinstall.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts