Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify app keeps closing

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.ADeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or Issueor two and lately it’s been closing about every 15 - 20 minutes and I have to keep reopening the app even though I had music going on it. It’s been happening to me for ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country U.S.A Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue or two and lately it’s been closing about every 15 - 20 minutes and I have to keep reopening...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Free on Mobile

Question about shuffle play. On the website it says you are able to play a specific album, artist, or playlist through shuffle play. When I click on a specific album, it will play one song and then switch to a new album altogether. Am I missing somet...

• Casual Listener
  • Question about shuffle play. On the website it says you are able to play a specific album, artist, or playlist through shuffle play. When I click on a specific album, it will play one song and then s...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Still using data?

Hello! Operating on an iPhone XR with IOS 14, premium user. When cellular data is switched off (and I’ve made sure of it) Spotify still gives me the option and ability to listen to anything; downloaded or not. Seeing as I don’t have infinite data to ...

• Visitor
  • Hello! Operating on an iPhone XR with IOS 14, premium user. When cellular data is switched off (and I’ve made sure of it) Spotify still gives me the option and ability to listen to anything; download...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

No offline listening on Premium on iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryCzech RepublicDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueI have Spotify Premium and although I'm not getting ads, the offline listening feature doesn't work on my phone. I can see the little icons next to the downloade...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Czech Republic Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue I have Spotify Premium and although I'm not getting ads, the offline listening featur...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files songs from laptop aren't downloading on my Iphone

DeviceiPhone 11 Operating SystemiOS14.01 My Question or IssueRecently I have downloaded mp3 music from youtube to add to Spotify because of their unavailability. I add the music to my Spotify from my computer's local files but on my iPhone, the songs...

• Device iPhone 11  Operating System iOS14.01   My Question or Issue Recently I have downloaded mp3 music from youtube to add to Spotify because of their unavailability. I add the music...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution A Layout and Some Problems

Hey, I’ve had this problem for about a month or two now, but I figured now would be a good time to talk about it. I must have gotten an update or something on Spotify, because before I knew it, the whole layout had changed. (See pic) Maybe it’s a com...

D75FB3EF-7509-400D-AFAB-D1AB0640BFED.jpeg
  •   Hey, I’ve had this problem for about a month or two now, but I figured now would be a good time to talk about it.    I must have gotten an update or something on Spotify, because ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Bug, test or new design? Play menu on iOS

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 14.1 My Question or IssueI have a New play menu design witch looks really bad. No one of my friends have it. Is it a bug, test or a new design that is rolling out?

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 14.1   My Question or Issue I have a New play menu  design witch looks really bad. No one of my friends ha...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Resuming Playback via bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountryU.KDeviceiPhone XSOperating Systemios14 My Question or Issue When I used to get in to my car my phone would connect to bluetooth and automatically resume Spotify playback. Since the IOS14 update now when I get in to the car the phon...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country U.K Device iPhone XS Operating System ios14   My Question or Issue   When I used to get in to my car my phone would connect to bluetooth and automati...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • playback
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files downloaded but don't show up on iOS

PlanFamily PlanCountryUSADeviceiPhone XsOperating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueWhen I go to add local files to my phone, it shows that they are being downloaded, however they do not show up in the playlist that they are associated with. The Spoti...

• Visitor
  • Plan Family Plan Country USA Device iPhone Xs Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue When I go to add local files to my phone, it shows that they are being downloaded, however ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music randomly pausing on Iphone11

PlanPremiumCountryHong KongDeviceIphone11Operating SystemiOS 14.0.1 My Question or IssueSpotify randomly pausing. I have tried to reinstall, check the battery saving mode like the android post but all the solution are not working for me.

• Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device Iphone11 Operating System iOS 14.0.1   My Question or Issue Spotify randomly pausing. I have tried to reinstall, check the battery saving mode lik...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Codes and pictures not showing

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueEvery time i click the 3 dots next to a song or album or anything else i will never see the code or picture and instead it is just blank. I have tried logging in on multipl...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue Every time i click the 3 dots next to a song or album or anything else i will never see ...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution “songs based on” feature gone

PlanPremium CountryPhilippines DeviceIphone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.0.1 My Question or IssueI just recently updated to ios14 and I noticed that the “songs based on” feature is gone. When I like a song and search it on spotify, I will play it. And us...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Country Philippines   Device Iphone 11 Operating System iOS 14.0.1   My Question or Issue I just recently updated to ios14 and I noticed that the “songs ba...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Adding Songs to a Playlist

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesOperating SystemiOS My Question or IssuePreviously on the Spotify free mobile version, when you wanted to add a song from a specific artist to a playlist, you would search that artist, click on the list of their songs “and...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country United States Operating System iOS    My Question or Issue Previously on the Spotify free mobile version, when you wanted to add a song from a specific artist to a...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyric problem!!!!

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 8My Question or IssueI don’t have access to the lyric feature and I don’t know why! I’ve upgraded my phone and account like a thousand times and still doesn’t work:(. This is very frustrating because I’ve always wanted...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 8 My Question or Issue I don’t have access to the lyric feature and I don’t know why! I’ve upgraded my phone and account like a thousand times and sti...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! “somethine went wrong”when using beta applewatch

PlanPremiumCountryChinaDevice(iPhone 11 Pro)(Apple Watch 6)Operating System(iOS 14.1)(AWOS 7.0.2)Hi,When I chosen play on "BETA Apple Watch ", the following screen always come out. *reboot the Apple watch*reinstall the Spotify app* turn on "WLAN & Ce...

IMG_2435.PNG IMG_2442.PNG
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country China Device (iPhone 11 Pro)(Apple Watch 6) Operating System (iOS 14.1)(AWOS 7.0.2) Hi, When I chosen play on "BETA Apple Watch ", the following screen always come out...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Apple Watch beta App

Hi,I'm using Apple Watch Spotify App under beta version. When I go cellular (with no iPhone nearby) my Spotify library becomes shorter. I mean, there ara less Artists, Albums... than in my iPhone. May you know how to solve it?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm using Apple Watch Spotify App under beta version. When I go cellular (with no iPhone nearby) my Spotify library becomes shorter. I mean, there ara less Artists, Albums... than in my iPhone. ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Apple Watch
    Apple Watch cellular
    Apple watch ios
    Apple Watch Spotify
    beta App Apple Watch
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Dark screen when using Apple TV to synch music to my Hi-Fi

After synchronizing my device (doesn‘t matter iPad or iPhone, iOS 13 or 14) to my Apple TV - because this one is connected with my Hi-Fi - Spotify is only be displayed at the TV screen, the iPad or iPhone screen is dark. Even by ending synchronizatio...

• Visitor
  • After synchronizing my device (doesn‘t matter iPad or iPhone, iOS 13 or 14) to my Apple TV - because this one is connected with my Hi-Fi - Spotify is only be displayed at the TV screen, the iPad or i...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution **bleep**: SongShift

one question Spotify: Why do you care so little about your customers and their needs ?

• Composer
  • one question Spotify: Why do you care so little about your customers and their needs ?
  • arcadelt
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant control spotify via ipod (iphone)to car head unit

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceIphone XOperating System(iOS 14) My Question or IssueI have trouble playing the song on spotify on my car head unit. I can play the Spotify song in my car but I have trouble doing the next song or control the song in ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device Iphone X Operating System (iOS 14)   My Question or Issue I have trouble playing the song on spotify on my car head unit. I can play the Spotify s...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume mishandling on apple watch presents hearing hazards

PlanPremium CountryUSA DeviceApple Watch Series 5 + iPhone Operating SystemWatchOS 6.1.1 (17S449) + iOS 13.3 (17C54) My Question or IssueThe incidents happened to me twice, which should be reproduced by the following steps:1. Pair phone with Bluetoot...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country USA   Device Apple Watch Series 5 + iPhone   Operating System WatchOS 6.1.1 (17S449) + iOS 13.3 (17C54)   My Question or Issue The incidents ha...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes