Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

3-Dot Menu Button Gone

3-Dot Menu Button Gone

Premium

iPhone SE (2016) 

iOS 13.4.1 

For the past full month now, the 3-dot menu button (which should be located in the  top right of screenshots 1 and 2) for only playlists has disappeared. The button strangely remains for albums (see screenshot 3). I've been patiently waiting for this to be resolved with each new bug-fix update for Spotify, but the problem has persisted. At first I thought Spotify removed the button all together, but that didn't make sense to me. Perhaps this issue is unique to the smaller screen of the iPhone SE. Please do not recommend reinstalling Spotify or updating my phone. That has not fixed this. 

When I looked through the posts to see if other users are experiencing this issue, I found this post from Wednesday. Your response (Ivan) was that the team was aware of this issue and linked to this page. However our issue is not that "Spotify crashes when you click the 3 dots to add to playlist, share, view artist, etc." It's that the button is gone altogether. Hopefully the additional information from my screenshots and device info can help fix this bug quickly. 

Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 3.jpg
3 Replies

Hi there @HurryPlz

thanks for reaching out to the community !

I recommend you perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app using these steps in order to make sure that you're using the latest version of the app.

I've attached a picture of Spotify on my iOS so you'd know where the menu option should appear now:

unnamed.jpg

I hope this shed some light.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

hi, I have the same issue. The 3 dot menu on my Mac Air does not have the option to make the playlist selected private or public like it used to. The option is not listed at all. It is listed on my iPhone. If I create a playlist on my Mac air it does not show up publicly anywhere and I can't make it public because there is not an option.  Even if I make it public from my iPhone it does not show up anywhere. This is a real issue! please advise. Also, is there a phone number I can call for actual support. I pay a premium monthly fee for my family and when issues arise there is no real support. C'mon Spotify, you can do better than this ridiculous method for support. I have photos to share but .jpeg is unsupported and I don't know how to change it. Please advise. 

Hi there @alanapaton,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Keep in mind that the topic of this thread is about the 3-dot menu not showing, which is already fixed. Regarding the option to make a playlist public/private, it has been renamed in the desktop app. You can find more info in this post.

On another note, we don't offer phone support, but besides from the Community, you can reach out to our Support team through any of these channels in case you need a hand with anything 🙂

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, feel free to reach out again by starting a new thread in the relevant Help board.

Have a good one!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts