Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Play on Artist Page is Awful

Shuffle Play on Artist Page is Awful

I've had a lot of issues with the Shuffle Play option on the Artist pages.  I use search to find an artist, hit "Shuffle Play" hoping to hear a good mix of their stuff and just get a continuous helping of tracks from one or two albums. 

Here's an example.  The band Front 242 has 23 albums in Spotify.  I hit Shuffle Play and almost every track that comes up is from Moments 1 or Moments from Budapest.  Rarely a track from an older/other album will appear (1-2 out of 25 tracks).

I'm having issues with Front Line Assembly as well.  It only appears to play tracks from playlists I have created for the artist and nothing else.  They have 34 albums and the only albums I get tracks from are their two newest (which I have created playlists for) and one or two older tracks that I have in other playlists.  I cannot get anything to play outside of what I have saved in a playlist.  It will play the same tracks, then, instead of going to any of the other tracks on the other 30+ albums, it immediately jumps into radio mode playing tracks from similar artists. 

This only happens on my iPhone.  I just tried to hit the "play" button on the web version on the artist page with shuffle enabled and got a good random mix of tracks from both artists' full discography.

Help?

4 Replies

Hey,

Spotify on any computer will have more premium features than any phone running Spotify free, which I gather you are using. The only way around it is to upgrade to premium, otherwise if you’re exploring music, there’ll usually be some good playlists in “browse”. 

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  I am actually a preimum user and have been for many years now.

Oh, that’s pretty strange. I guess if you want to get a proper mix you could save the albums and play from saved artists, but that wouldn’t be convinient at all. Can’t offer much else unfortunately 

Thanks for trying.  Hopefully someone at Spotify will see this and offer a solution.  I've thought about creating a playlist of all the albums, but yeah, that's not very convenient and kind of defeats the purpose of the shuffle play button.

Suggested posts