Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Iphone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 13.3.1

My Question or Issue

Been reading up on this and cannot understand why an app with 100M+ users is unable to sort a simple shuffle function?

My playlist has more than a 100 songs but shuffle keeps repeating the same 5 or 6 songs every time! This does not happen on my laptop but in the car where it matters on my drives I am stuck listening to the same songs all the time!

Is there a solution to this? Thanks in advance.

2 Replies

I have the same problem, I even double check that the playlist is on shuffle before I start driving and the same songs (in the same order keep playing).

Shuffle always plays the same songs over and over again.

Hey folks,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and sorry for the late response as we just came across this thread.

This type of issue is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device. In this case, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts