Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Skips songs in up next

Skips songs in up next

• I have an iPhone 6s on iOS 11 with the newest version of Spotify.  I have an issue where I listen to songs in a playlist and it randomly skips certain songs that were listed to play in up next.  In the up next list these songs are always listed in a different color from the songs that actually play.  If a song ends, and the next song is one of these miscolored songs, it will show the title of the song for a fraction of a second before going to the one after it.  However I can still play the song if I click on it from within the playlist's main part where you can select the song you want to play.  Why is it doing this? I've attached a screenshot of the up next list and a video of it skipping are you gonna be my girl and going straight to I'm a loser when are you gonna be my girl was clearly listed to play next.

DAC128C4-44F5-4B6C-9801-F5699D5A8FED.png
1 Reply

Hey @Millerp513! Thanks for writing.

Just to confirm, is this happening on any other devices you use Spotify with? If not, our best suggestion would be for you to reinstall the app with these steps and see if it behaves the same way.

In case this doesn't do the trick, try checking with different connections (other WiFi and mobile data networks).

We hope this helps. Have a great day 🙂

Suggested posts