Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Error when connected to wifi

When I'm at home, connected to wifi, Spotify won't search or work. What I've already tried:I checked if offline mode was one - it wasn'tI've restarted the app several times - it didn't helpI re-installed the app, that also didn't work.As soon as I tu...

• Casual Listener
  • When I'm at home, connected to wifi, Spotify won't search or work.   What I've already tried: I checked if offline mode was one - it wasn't I've restarted the app several times - it didn't ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

When Playing an Album on Shuffle, Random Songs are Inserted

I recently started using Spotify free to see how I liked the service. On my desktop it works fine, but I've noticed an issue with playback on my phone. When I select an album from an artist, I only have the option to Shuffle Play. I assume that's bec...

• I recently started using Spotify free to see how I liked the service.  On my desktop it works fine, but I've noticed an issue with playback on my phone.   When I select an album from an a...
  • bobgob
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashing when opening on iPod Touch

The app keeps crashing when I open it on my ipod touch. I even bought a new ipod touch because i thought something was wrong with my old one. Everything is fully updated and brand new! Help!

• Regular
  • The app keeps crashing when I open it on my ipod touch.  I even bought a new ipod touch because i thought something was wrong with my old one. Everything is fully updated and brand new...
  • taramasud
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working

I have a iPhone 6s Plus and for some reason within the last 2 weeks ever time I get into my car and the Bluetooth connects Spotify will flash and lock up and will not play music nor give me an option to choose a song. I’ve tried reinstalling, rebooti...

• I have a iPhone 6s Plus and for some reason within the last 2 weeks ever time I get into my car and the Bluetooth connects Spotify will flash and lock up and will not play music nor give me an option...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Now playing and next in queue is missing

I have this problem for a while and can’t figure out yet. I did try to reinstall the app. My device is iphone8 on lastest fw (11.2.1)

• Casual Listener
  • I have this problem for a while and can’t figure out yet. I did try to reinstall the app. My device is iphone8 on lastest fw (11.2.1)  
  • xvernx
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops in Nike+ Run

Anyone could help me ?I use Spotify Premium with Nike Running, and when I start run the spotify play ok, but after 10 minutes it stops play and only after stop and play many times, it back to play. I use an Iphone 5s.The Nike Running mobile data is e...

• Anyone could help me ? I use Spotify Premium with Nike Running, and when I start run the spotify play ok, but after 10 minutes it stops play and only after stop and play many times, it back to play....
  • crackerdooby
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Shuffle Shutting off while on Bluetooth

Ever since I updated my iPhone to iOS 11, shuffle does not work in my car (on Bluetooth). I click shuffle and it immediately goes back to alphabetical order. Shuffle still works when it’s not on Bluetooth though. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• Music Fan
  • Ever since I updated my iPhone to iOS 11, shuffle does not work in my car (on Bluetooth). I click shuffle and it immediately goes back to alphabetical order. Shuffle still works when it’s not on Blue...
  • adamgall89
  • Regular
  • 36 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 36 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify on iOS 11 Battery Issues

I am copying a post that was closed since I am having the same issue. Ever since I updated to iOS 11 on my iPhone 5SE, Spotify has been extremely bad with battery drain. Playing 39mins of dowloaded music (Not even streaming) takes 16% of my charge. F...

• Music Fan
  •   I am copying a post that was closed since I am having the same issue.   Ever since I updated to iOS 11 on my iPhone 5SE, Spotify has been extremely bad with battery drain. Playing 3...
  • drown
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Log In button does not work on iOS 11

Today, I got an iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 11, and I cannot log into the Spotify app. Tapping "Log In" does... nothing. Clicking "Create Account" does... nothing.

• Today, I got an iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 11, and I cannot log into the Spotify app. Tapping "Log In" does... nothing. Clicking "Create Account" does... nothing.
  • Tamara1234
  • 9 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 12 likes

Repeat playlist on iPhone

I can not find out how to repeat a playlist on an iPhone? WHen the playlist is done, I have to log in again (!) and start it again myself

• Casual Listener
  • I can not find out how to repeat a playlist on an iPhone? WHen the playlist is done, I have to log in again (!) and start it again myself
  • E28
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot get local files artwork onto iPhone

i bought music from itunes and synced the local files into my mac. the artwork is showing up fine on my mac however when i sync it to my phone the album artwork is gone anyone have any idea how to solve

• i bought music from itunes and synced the local files into my mac. the artwork is showing up fine on my mac however when i sync it to my phone the album artwork is gone anyone have any idea how to so...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shove Spotify up your **bleep**

I do not have the Spotify premium app, I do not want to pay £9 a month to listen to my friends playlists. My friend suggests songs for me to listen to, Spotify wants me to listen to a whole album on shuffle play to get to the track I want..... **blee...

• I do not have the Spotify premium app, I do not want to pay £9 a month to listen to my friends playlists. My friend suggests songs for me to listen to, Spotify wants me to listen to a whole album on ...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I have an android phone and ipod touch.

Can i play offline on my android and i pod touch?? I use my i pod for the gym not my phone

• Can i play offline on my android and i pod touch?? I use my i pod for the gym not my phone
  • tijnrenders
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files

I have my local files on my desktop but I cannot get them on my IPhone. I have allowed access past the firewall for Spotify, hit download on the playlist on my Mac and phone, logged in and out of both versions, I have tried everything. Can someone pl...

• Casual Listener
  • I have my local files on my desktop but I cannot get them on my IPhone. I have allowed access past the firewall for Spotify, hit download on the playlist on my Mac and phone, logged in and out of bot...
  • tijnrenders
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 6s-Marantz NA6005 connection problems

I recently bought Marantz NA6005 streamer and connect Spotify through my Iphone 6s. Noticed two problems so far: a) while listening to Spotify twice within an hour had static noise, and b) suddenly streamer turned off completely and Spotify did the s...

• I recently bought Marantz NA6005 streamer and connect Spotify through my Iphone 6s. Noticed two problems so far: a) while listening to Spotify twice within an hour had static noise, and b) suddenly s...
  • Taruskin
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle bug

Whenever I'm in the car, and spotify is playing through bluetooth, it won't shuffle. I can even click the icon and the light will go on, but the next song is always whatever is next alphabetically. In order to truly shuffle, I have to play the shuffl...

• Whenever I'm in the car, and spotify is playing through bluetooth, it won't shuffle. I can even click the icon and the light will go on, but the next song is always whatever is next alphabetically. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with listening to followed artists

I have had a quite annoying problem with Spotify for some time now.When browsing my followed artists some show that there’s n amount of downloaded tracks.That’s all fine and dandy but when I select this artist it only shows me these ’downloaded’ trac...

• I have had a quite annoying problem with Spotify for some time now. When browsing my followed artists some show that there’s n amount of downloaded tracks. That’s all fine and dandy but when I sele...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes