Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Downloads" folder missing

"Downloads" folder missing

Downloads folder isn't showing. I know I can filter downloaded playlist and albums. It just not that usable for me. Songs from playlist are displayed in albums section, so I have like 3x of downloaded albums. Downloads had great finished layout, with separator for albums and playlists.

I'm paying for Premium so I can listen to music while I'm not on Wi-Fi. Spotify team made me hate main feature I'm paying for. I'm not sure what exact update it was, but clearly since early December I've been waiting for A/B testing to end.

Any update on that case? It's been 3 months since this problem occurred.

6 Replies

Sadly my impression is that they definetely got rid of this extremely useful feature...Another piece of the software to leave I guess... 

I also am not a fan of this change, that download folder was perfect!! I don't see why they would just remove it, I feel most people who use their phone offline was a fan of it.

I was wondering what happened to this too!!

Of all the features in Spotify, this was something I literally clicked on every day!
I drive 40 minutes each way in my commute, and since I pay for Premium, it was so great to have a one-click view of everything downloaded on my phone, rather than having to scroll through the album list or list of playlists. 

Bring this back, Spotify!!! 

I’ with you but we will never see Downloads folder again. When Spotify remove something is forever.

I'm really curious to know what the reasoning was behind getting rid of it..

I don't have unlimited data. 

When I sit down in my car, or on an airplane (and not on Wi-Fi, because who pays for that?), my first thought is to go straight to the music that I (pay to) have downloaded on my phone, and start scrolling to see what I'm in the mood for. 

Why oh WHY would they not allow users to see that all in one place anymore?? 

Unfortunately this section has been discontinued from the app.

You can also choose to list only Downloads in Your Library:

1. Tap Your Library  in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
  2. Tap Playlists, Songs, Albums, or Artists.
  3. Pull down and release to display  at the top. Tap it.
  4. Under Filter by, tap Downloads or Imported Music.
    Note: Filter options may vary depending on the list you’re filtering.
  5. To return to the original list, repeat these steps and tap the selected filter again.
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts