Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Downloads" menu item missing on IPhone

"Downloads" menu item missing on IPhone

When looking at "Your library" in iOS, on my phone I see Downloads. On my wife's phone that particular menu item is missing. We have a family account in the same version 6.8.0 .3786.

At one point I thought it was because I had 6S plus and she just had a 6. More real estate one screen I was thinking. But but then I checked on someone else's iPhone 6 and they had the downloads item in the menu. So it's not a real estate sizing thing. We both have downloaded music and we both access music in off-line mode regularly but why does the "Downloaded" menu item not show up for her "my library" list??

I really like the feature because it allows me not only to look at it downloaded music all in one place but it also recommends recently played music for download. Having this feature missing on her phone as a real bummer because I use it and I know she would as well.

Please help. Thanks
25 Replies

Hey @mixermasher! Welcome to the community!

It sounds like you and your friend are enrolled in an A/B test. Spotify is always looking for ways to improve and this is one of them. You can read more about that here. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That makes sense but I would really like to know for sure. Both her and I
use offline quite a bit. For me I just pop into "Downloaded" and see all my
stuff via album art. And then below me it show me items that I have
listened to a lot that might be "good candidates" for download/offline. I
love it, thought it was standard until I saw that she sort of had to bounce
around - - we are comparing downloaded Christmas playlists a lot. Sometime
she "drives" the session, other times I do.

I will definitely see about thumbs upping this one wherever I can. But I
just wanted to be sure it wasn't something I had enabled that she didn't.
Not to many others see this in iOS?

Hey @mixermasher!

I don't know the exact numbers but there is a group who sees it and there is a group which doesn't see it. I'll pass on your feedback to the right folks!

Have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Hi,

We recently subscribed to a Family plan as well and my boyfriend, who used to see Downloads in his menu prior to this subscription, no longer sees it, while I do.

Before our subscription he was actually using my account, now he created his own and lost that feature. Could this be because of the subcription type? I didn't use that feature so I'm not fussed but he used it all the time and is now really frustrated.

We also have different device, his is 6 while mine is a 7, but since he could see the feature in my account, we're thinking it's not a device specific issue, but a membership limitation. Can someone help or confirm that? We did also update his iOS and app to the latest version, it's only while toggling through accounts on his device that we do see a difference... Please help, we're so bummed out!

Hey @mtl-listener! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Spotify are always testing things to improve. You can read more about that here: https://support.spotify.com/article/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-than-my-friends/ Let me know if there's anything else. 🙂

Have a great day!

HuboSpotify Star

It's like there's no real rhyme or reason. I can't remember if I got it
before I started a family plan or after, I just remember seeing it one day
and using it quite a bit ever cents. There is only one other member on my
family plan, my wife, and she has never seeing this feature on her phone.

I can understand the need to test it with certain users but I think it's
way beyond that now and I think it should just be added to every One. It's
a great feature.

As far as I can tell there's no hint in the versioning either. I believe by
wife's Spotify app and mine show the same version, but she does not have
the show downloads feature whereas I do

Hi, the download menu on my library is still missing on my device. I've got a friend that tells me he's got the « Download » menu since early 2017, so it's been more than 7 months... I understand the beta-forced strategy by limiting some of the new features to random test groupes but I think that it is a little bit too long now and I really dig that feature. Is there a way of getting it now ?

Please :3

I also really miss this feature. Please send my request on as well.

For last 48 hours, I've had a similar problem where I cannot see downloads under my library on my phone or desktop. I now have to remember which albums and playlists are downloaded, which is not easy  if they are not in my "recently played" list. I hope the AB testing is temporary. 

My downloads menu is missing now too! I pay for premium and never gave permission to do this.  If you are going to randomly take away a feature then credit my account. This is THE feature that keeps me on Spotify.  If this isn’t restored soon I will be canceling. 

You know, having us blindly enrolled in the A/B testing is very annoying—especially for Premium subscribers. When something changers, how do we whether Spotify made a change or we did something to change it, or even if it’s a bug.

Very, very frustrating. I purposely download content to listen offline in my car. Now it’s much more difficult to locate the content. So, many times I opt for the radio because it’s easier and faster. I don’t want to sit in my car for 10 minutes poking around for offline content.

How do you get reasonable feedback on you A/B testing? Do you just monitor complaints? 

It’s also frustrating when Spitify on my iPhone works differently than my iPad and iMac. 

Can I just opt out of your A/B testing, or at least get compensated for my participation?

I have the same issue on my iPhone. This was one of my favourite features of Spotify, making it very easy to navigate when listening to music offline. 

I find this extremely frustrating that this feature was removed on my premium account. At this point I’m considering withdrawing my subscription 

I also have the same problem the download menu is missing on iPhone 7 very disappointing I use it all the time. 

I also have lost the download file - very frustrating - please re-instate it Spotify - its the best thing about Spotify

I pay a premium account to use offline content and then suddenly I cannot access it freely and easily!? I might as well cancel my family premium account if it has to be so complicated to use all the functions I’m paying for. 

I also have this problem, and it is a PROBLEM! Like everyone else I pay £9.99 a month for my downloads and offline playlists and to have them taken away just so spotify can beta test on me?! RUBBISH! How is taking away a great feature testing 'improvements and new features' as Spotify says on it's help page? I have been tested on and my feedback is it is NOT an improvement.

I was offered a free subscription to Amazon Music but I turned it down and continued to PAY for Spotify because I loved it so much. If my offline songs are not reinstated within a week i'll happily leave and join Amazon Music.

SORT IT OUT

I pay a premium for Spotify and if they don’t solve before my next monthly due date, I will be giving my money to Amazon. 

So frustrating! I've always had a downloads option in the "your library" iphone app screen and it vanished a couple weeks ago. Why would you take away this feature on premium?! It makes the feature you're paying for nearly unusable. Is there a way I can get the downloads page back?

So disrespectful! I want it back, and I am paying for it. How can you just go through an A/B test with the feature I use the most? 

Suggested posts