Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some genres disappeared on my iPhone

Some genres disappeared on my iPhone

Until few days ago I was able to browse and listen comedy genre on my iphone. Now comedy, Word, and K-pop genres are missing on my iphone. Anybody have any idea?

IMG_1737.PNG
IMG_1738.PNG
14 Replies

The same thing happened to me!  I am very curious what happened.  I contacted Spotify because I am very irritated.

Same thing is happening to me. Reinstalling the app helps for a short time but then those Genres vanish again

@LA_Sig @roger_schrader @mvamust

Can you check the desktop app to see if they show there?

Let me know as it will help me troubleshoot this for you. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The genres are there on the desktop app. It is only on the iOS app that they are disappearing. I am using an iPhone 5 running iOS9.0.2 and an ipad mini 1 running iOS 8.4

On the desktop they do show up. It's only the iphone. I have iphone 5s running 9.0.2 version.

I'm also experiencing the same problem. I'm using an iPhone 6+ and iOS 9.0.1. Reinstalling helped for only a day then the genres disappeared. Though it appears on the desktop version.

Please help. Listening to the comedy tracks really helps ease the pain of driving in traffic

@LA_Sig @Scuba_holic @roger_schrader @mvamust

Hey guys,

This is being looked into at Spotify. Hopefully there will news to share about this soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Updated the app today to the latest version, no difference 

Spotify is still looking into this. I will let you know if I hear any news about it.

MattSudaSpotify Star

This should now be fixed.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi Matt,

"Kids" genre is still missing on my iphone. I removed and reinstalled it on my phone but it is still missing.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

According to the thread this problem has a solution. However, that solution (Spotify is working on this) doesn't seem to have reached MY iPhone/iPad. It is Msrch now. I am missing Word tab from browse. I have deleted and reinstalled; logged out and back in. What is the solution? I may be missing other pieces I am not aware of, and prior to reinstall had many error messages. What now?

Is this going to be fixed or what? I cannot get the "Word" genre to appear in app but it is on the desktop. Also, why can we still not arrange genres by what we like most? or have the app "learn". I love comedy yet, i have to scroll through the k-pop junk to get down there. 

Yeah, this is definitely not fixed. This is bs

Suggested posts