Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Something weird is happening to my account

Something weird is happening to my account

Plan : Premium

Device : iPhone 8+

Operating System : iOS 12.1

My Question or Issue

I am having a terrible issue since 1h. When I play music, it suddenly stop after 30-40 seconds and change to the next one on the album. I tried to log out and log in, and I also had test my devices (phone and headphone) but they go well. 

The weird part begins when I discovered that, without doing anything and without being connected on my MacBook, Spotify sends me a message to tell me that I am listening music in another player (Chrome) and invites me to choose whether continue to listen on this weird device or change to my device (my iPhone). When I chose to listen what the weird device is listening to, it's not my kind of music (Bachata and latino balades). I just connected on my spotify account on my MacBook and saw that some playlist that I haven't select or that I never listen to appeared on my "Recently played" (in menu).

What's going on? Someone is trying to hack my account? Can Spotify do something? 

1 Reply

Hi @LorisDalb 

There is a chance that someone else has gained access to your Spotify account and is using Chrome to play music from it. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

Suggested posts