NEXT STEP

Song ORDER

Solved!

Song ORDER

Last update took away option to change order
Of playlist on iPhone 5.
Help please
57 Replies

This issue is not solved ... like five months later. Shouldn't be this complicated. Will be cancelling service as soon as I figure out the best possible alterntive.

This is ridiculous, can someone post how to contact someone senior in spotify (any anyone knows how). So that we can get some actual answers about this.
Marked as solution

Great news! I have talked with the Spotify iOS devs and this should be coming in the next iOS update. If not in the next update, it will come in one shortly after.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

MattSuda,

Any news on sorting in iOS? Thanks.

Seems like everyone just forgot about it a couple of months ago. This is a huge pain... none of the devices I use can change the order of songs -_-

Why add songs at the bottom of the playlist? It makes no sense at all??? Imagine waking up one morning and going to work and deciding that the best thing that you should do that day as a developer is to add the tracks to the end of the playlist, imagine? What kind of illogic is this??

I don't care any more. I cancelled the service. Google All Access Music doesn't have this problem.
Marked as solution

UPDATE: The ability to rearrange song order inside of a plylist has been BACK in the iOS app for quite some time now.

MattSudaSpotify Star

We decided to remove the feature temporarily so we didn't have to delay releasing 0.5.9, because there were a lot of crashes while editing a playlist, tracks not ending up where they should etc. We will introduce the feature again in an upcoming release as soon as possible.  When will this be re activated?   It said it was   deactivated in 2012.

BAD idea. Bring it back! "Temporary" is three years? No.

@MattSuda wrote:

UPDATE: The ability to rearrange song order inside of a plylist has been BACK in the iOS app for quite some time now.

Is it possible to sort them by date added?

Thanks!

How? I don't see a place to do that in the app.

@jennifermascia1 wrote:

How? I don't see a place to do that in the app.

Exactly. I don't think that guy has his info right.

From what I understand, the feature we're looking for is only available on Android.

You can edit your playlist manually on iOS, but there is no way to sort by date added, or by artist, etc.

@Y2K_PANIC 

Right now the iOS app doesn't have this feature.

Add your kudos here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Sort-and-filter-tracks-inside-a-playlist-iOS/idi-p/59...

This thread was about editing a playlist so that the songs were in a different default order. Not the ability to change the sort order.

MattSudaSpotify Star

This sucks. I pay for the service and this is something that should be simple to do on any iOS device. Spotify get your **bleep** together. Otherwise there are plenty of other music streaming services that I can give my money to you each month that are much easier to navigate then your app.

Spotify, this totally sucks. I spent good money on the streaming service and this is easy navigation in an app that should be available especially to paying customers. Spotify, either get your **bleep** together other plenty of other music streaming services that I can give my money to each month

Hi @bright-moon.  You should now be able to sort and rearrange yours songs inside of a playlist just fine.  About two years back Spotify had some bugs and removed the feature for a few months (which was very annoying and this thread got created during that time).

To rearrange your songs, go in to a playlist, press the ... (three dots) on the very top, right corner of the screen and press Edit.  Now you will see the grab bars (three lines) on the right of each song that will let you rearrange your songs. (I do it all the time).

It looks like you can delete your songs that way, but not rearrange them.

EDIT: wait, nvm, i see it. thanks! I still wish we could arrange them by "date added" or in alpha order, etc. 

Suggested posts