Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song on iPhone plays different version of song than on Desktop.

Solved!

Song on iPhone plays different version of song than on Desktop.

Hi! In my local files I have an older and different version of a song than what is available on the Spotify Servers but whenever I try to listen to this song on my iPhone it keeps playing the newer version that is available.
Is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It still seems like a cache issue. Can you try removing all the offline devices from your account here, and then reinstall the app on your iPhone? That should fix it.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey @Dedusmuln, on desktop, you should be able to remove your local files if you don't want them to sync and take over the Spotify version. Alternatively, you can try renaming the local file to something slightly different so Spotify doesn't match it up.

Did you want to give that a shot and see how it goes?

It's the local file version I want.

I've also already renamed it and it still persists. 

Ah ok, have you selected Local Files as "available offline" on your iPhone, then connected your iPhone and PC to the same wifi network to allow them to sync over?

See here for full instructions: https://support.spotify.com/article/Listen-to-local-files/

Yes I have, all my other local files synced perfectly.

Hmm ok, so even when playing the song from the Local Files playlist, it still plays the Spotify version?

I'll escalate this one up then. Can you please confirm what versions of iOS you are running / version of Spotify you are on, and what OS you are using on your PC / version of Spotify on desktop you are on?

Thanks!

no, when playing from local files on my desktop it plays the correct version of the song, it's only on mobile it plays a different one [which isn't even in any of my playlists so i don't know where it's coming from.]

iOS 9.2 (13C75)
Spotify ver 5.6.0.1110

OS Windows 10
Desktop Spotify ver 1.0.29.90.g200ff544

Hey @Dedusmuln, can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app in case it's a caching issue?

Once you've done that, can you add the track to its own playlist, then sync that playlist over and see if it's resolved the issue?

Cheers!

I did both of those things and neither worked; I also tried playing the correct song on my laptop and then swapping it to my phone halfway through [just incase] and it still plays the incorrect song on mobile

Marked as solution

It still seems like a cache issue. Can you try removing all the offline devices from your account here, and then reinstall the app on your iPhone? That should fix it.

Hey @Dedusmuln, how's it all going? Did you manage to resolve it in the end?

hi, sorry; i haven't had chance to test that yet, i've been super busy, i'll hopefully be able to get back to you over the weekend ;w; 

No worries mate, cheers for the heads up!

Eyyy, it seems to be working!

thank you so much for helping and being patient with me (: ❤️

Awesome, very glad to hear that fixed the issue!

Suggested posts