Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Syncing Local Files: "Waiting to download".

On iOS version 9.3.2. Using same Wifi on laptop (mac) and phone. Have deleted and re-downloaded the Spotify app. My local files will not download onto my phone. I just have a perpetual "Waiting to download" message under my "Available Offline" button...

• On iOS version 9.3.2. Using same Wifi on laptop (mac) and phone. Have deleted and re-downloaded the Spotify app. My local files will not download onto my phone. I just have a perpetual "Waiting ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music won't download to offline

Hey I have use Spotify for a while now and always recommend it over ALL others. How come it will only download a certain amount of songs for offline? I know I don't have over 10k, so i dont know why it won't. I have at least 20+ gigs of storage left ...

• Hey I have use Spotify for a while now and always recommend it over ALL others. How come it will only download a certain amount of songs for offline? I know I don't have over 10k, so i dont know why ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help Spotify!
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

5.6.0 Release notes?

Just seen an update for my iOS Spotify app dropped today. I'd like to know what 'changes and improvements' Spotify have made to the app, but it seems as though Release Notes haven't been updated for a LONG time now. Could you let us know what these c...

• Casual Listener
  • Just seen an update for my iOS Spotify app dropped today. I'd like to know what 'changes and improvements' Spotify have made to the app, but it seems as though Release Notes haven't been updated for ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 9 likes

'Cannot use Spotify Abroad' when I am ... not abroad

Hey there, I am a premium member (finding it annoying that I cannot speak to a Spotify rep whilst paying them for their service). I first downloaded Spotify when I was in Germany. I couldn't get it to work properly, so I deleted it. Now I am back in ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there,   I am a premium member (finding it annoying that I cannot speak to a Spotify rep whilst paying them for their service).   I first downloaded Spotify when I was in Germany. I...
  • bearmayor
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iPhone 5S
    Syncing devices
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem

Will I get charged after my 7 days free trial and once I start will have to start paying nowFreaking out

• Will I get charged after my 7 days free trial and once I start will have to start paying now Freaking out 😣😥😓😲😖
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Musics

While i listening with headphones, when i touch home deal, musics suddenly forwad themselves.Device: iphone 5Please send me solution asap.

• While i listening with headphones, when i touch home deal, musics suddenly forwad themselves. Device: iphone 5 Please send me solution asap.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums disapearing under Your Library

I am having an issue since the last update with my albums disapearing from my Library. I discovered if I log out and in that they reapear but am hoping for a better solution.

• I am having an issue since the last update with my albums disapearing from my Library. I discovered if I log out and in that they reapear but am hoping for a better solution.    
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently played artists not updating

My recently played artists have not updated in a month and I have tried viewing them on all of my devices and they are all the same. I have tried everything including reinstalling the app. Any help? Thanks

• My recently played artists have not updated in a month and I have tried viewing them on all of my devices and they are all the same. I have tried everything including reinstalling the app. Any help? ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify stops playing after a few songs/lock screen buttons frequently won't work

i know this has been a problem in the past - but i only started having it (at least with annoying frequency) with version 1.4. as far as i can tell, the problem isn't limited to local songs i have synced to my iphone. that said, i sync pretty much al...

• Gig Goer
  • i know this has been a problem in the past - but i only started having it (at least with annoying frequency) with version 1.4. as far as i can tell, the problem isn't limited to local songs i have sy...
  • Coltsgrl00
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won't play any music

My Spotify won't play any music. Sometimes when I click the "play" botton it plays 2 seconds and then stop, most of the time it just doesn't work at all. I have tried updated my iOS and deleted the app and then reinstall but still it doesn't work. Is...

• My Spotify won't play any music. Sometimes when I click the "play" botton it plays 2 seconds and then stop, most of the time it just doesn't work at all. I have tried updated my iOS and deleted the a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Carplay questions

Hey Guys/gals, Trying out Carplay in my new car and was wondering the following. Is there a way to see what Playlists are downloaded in Carplay? If not, when i play a downloaded Playlist, is it using data? If its not playing music, is the quickest wa...

• Regular
  • Hey Guys/gals,   Trying out Carplay in my new car and was wondering the following.   Is there a way to see what Playlists are downloaded in Carplay?    If not, when i play a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't open in puffin browser

I have a browser app called Puffin. Previously Spotify worked fine with it, but yesterday I found that whenever I entered the puffin app,Spotify almost immediately stopped working and the song would not play until I exited puffin and pressed play on ...

• I have a browser app called Puffin. Previously Spotify worked fine with it, but yesterday I found that whenever I entered the puffin app, Spotify almost immediately stopped working and the song woul...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

I can share songs to Facebook and Twitter, but NOT to Spotify.

I can post songs to Facebook and Twitter, but when I try to share with just my Spotify followers, I get the error message: "There was an error posting to Spotify. Please try again." Screenshot:https://i.imgur.com/CmjXM3F.png I am also unable to do th...

• I can post songs to Facebook and Twitter, but when I try to share with just my Spotify followers, I get the error message: "There was an error posting to Spotify. Please try again." Screenshot: ...
  • lukebotham1
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • not spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps changing from the playlist I'm on to random music?!

Why is this happening? It's like a version of torture. It'll go from playing one of my playlist or a Spotify playlist to playing Wiz Khalifia. What would be causing this?

• Casual Listener
  • Why is this happening? It's like a version of torture. It'll go from playing one of my playlist or a Spotify playlist to playing Wiz Khalifia. What would be causing this?
  • jonathanganther
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Not working

Most of my music will not play when I am away from wifi and when I have my data off. This has been happening for a month now. I have no idea what's wrong. They all will work with wifi. But with out only a few will.

• Casual Listener
  • Most of my music will not play when I am away from wifi and when I have my data off. This has been happening for a month now. I have no idea what's wrong. They all will work with wifi. But with out o...
  • anjieeeeeeeeee
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Views wont play!!!!!!!

Im trying to listen to Views but when i click on a song it wont play and if i try to make it available ofline the app crashes but everything else on the app works.

• Im trying to listen to Views but when i click on a song it wont play and if i try to make it available ofline the app crashes but everything else on the app works.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify to bypass IOS sleep timer in near future? Slow sync fixes?

Firstly, i've done the rounds of different music streaming services and by far, Spotify has come out as the best for it's ease of use, suggested music, and app performance, just to name a few. Love it! I recently moved to iPhone from Android expectin...

• Firstly, i've done the rounds of different music streaming services and by far, Spotify has come out as the best for it's ease of use, suggested music, and app performance, just to name a few. Love i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I have Spotify premium on my iPad but not on my Iphone

I have been using Spotify on my iPad for a while now and I decide to have premium so, I have been using premium for a few months now. But, then I got anew iPhone and got Spotify but I cannot use Spotify premium on it but it still works on my iPad. H ...

• I have been using Spotify on my iPad for a while now and I decide to have premium so, I have been using premium for a few months now. But, then I got anew iPhone and got Spotify but I cannot use Spot...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes