Plan

Premium Individual

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

My Question or Issue

So, When I'm on wifi I download my songs to my liked songs playlist so I can listen offline. When I get to school however, since their is no wifi I like to listen to that music. So I put in my earbuds and open the Spotify App. And... All the songs I downloaded an hour before are no longer downloaded and will not play offline. This has been happening for the past few months now. I have preformed a clean install, cleared my cache, and made sure I have enough storage on my phone for spotify and its songs. I have only 200-ish songs on my playlist.

Edit 1: I've never had a problem with this before. Only started a few moths ago.

7 Replies

Hi there @Pixelplayz2215,

Thanks for reaching out. Does this happen only on the aforementioned iPhone or on other devices too? If you haven't tested on another device, please do so and let us know how it goes. Also, check if you have any settings on the phone itself or third party apps for optimizing the batter and/or the device cache as any of those can cause such issues.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, it happens on multiple devices as well. Including my Personal Computer, my school Chromebook, and both my parents phones (logged into my account). 

Hey @Pixelplayz2215,

Thanks for the reply.

Have you tried reproducing the issue with a different account? This'll help us understand if the experience is isolated to your account only.

Would it be possible to prepare a short screen recording of what exactly is going on on your phone and the downloaded songs? You can post it here, on YouTube or Google Drive.

Do you think it's possible you're logged in on a different account on the different devices? We know it's a long shot, but do check it for us.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hello Dian,

It happens on other devices as well. Unfortunately I cannot grab a screen recording since it's spontaneous when it happens. 1 moment they're downloaded, the next moment they're not.

And all devices are logged into the same account. 

Thanks!

Hi there @Pixelplayz2215,

Thanks for the response. How exactly do the songs appear on your end? Do they appear to never have been downloaded at all, or greyed out? Please send us some screenshots of that from various devices. That would be very helpful in our troubleshooting.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator

It appears as if they’ve never been downloaded before. No green download icon next to them.

Hey @Pixelplayz2215,

Can you please try to copy the liked songs to a new playlist, download it and check if the same thing happens?

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts