Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs are "playing" but no sound?

Solved!

Songs are "playing" but no sound?

Hi,

I have an iPhone 4s running IOS 7.0.4 and running spotifz version 0.9.3.212. Some songs play fine in my playlist but others are "playing" but there is no sound. Like I said this happens on random songs. Inheritly, when I try to play the song that is malfunctioning online using the phone (going to the artist's page) the same problem occurs (probably because spotify is trying to play the local file).

Any idea what's going on?

thanks for your help!

55 Replies

Hi,    I'm having a similar issue.     However, are you guys saying that if you have a 3 minute song that you can wait 3 minutes and the next song will play?      in my case, I have an offline playlist and it will start and then on random songs it stops.     I can wait forever it does not start playing again.      i am now trying the tip to re-install spotify.   I have an iphone 4s.     I'll know by tomorrow whether this is going to work.

VR,

BIll

I re-installed spotify on my phone as suggested,    no change.          Did a little checking around and found diagnostic data on the phone that is showing some crashes around the time when my offline playlist stopped playing.      Some of the messages in the dump are 'vm_thrashing'.     I would equate that to a memory issue.       On the Iphone there is an option to send diagnostic data to apple and the app developers.   i turned this on and will leave it on for a few more days.    hopefully, this will give the spotify developers some data to look at in trying to solve this issue.   

I am having the same issue with my iPhone using IOS 8 (8.1.2).  Some of the songs provide no sound unless I rewind it. I think Spotify should quickly address this issue.

Same problem here on Android. Latest version of the app. Using locally stored files. Going back to the beginning does not seem to help. It's only playing one song out of every 8 I'd estimate. Could it have something to do with the amount of offline songs? I have no desire to use mobile data for online music use and will only switch to online mode when I am in a WiFi area. If this persists I will have to get rid of the service.

This is what I just did and hey presto, it started to work. But still the over arching problem continuous. PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM SPOTIFY!!! Love this app in the heart of s.korea it's my little saviour. 🙂

Hi there,

I have Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and there is no sound while on offline mode with spotify downloaded lists ( none of them are local lists). I am trying to find a solution for that but seems none. I tried to clear all cache and retry but did not help. I need urgent help before i travel in a few days 😞

Thanks

I have this problem too. I'm on a laptop, I used to use spotify on it fine, just reinstalled it after a while not using it and NO SOUND. Have done the whole adjusting levels on the mixer but still NO SOUND. I am so frustrated, just paid for a new premium subscription and I can't listen to any music. Not impressed. What is the solution?

Hey

Yeh it is still happening on and off. Maybe get a technician to look at it
as it could be an incompatible sound card.

Aine

I am also having this issue: specific tracks play only as silence. I have found that hitting the 'rewind' button does not always fix the issue. 

I cannot believe Spotify support have not solved this after a year. I bet they would have fixed it a lot quicker if it was a problem with their billing system. 

Hi RedViper23,

Sorry but my rewind solution stopped since the end of March 2015. Since
then, even though
I'm a premium user, the silence has returned on and off. It's really
baffling and gets on my
nerves when (particulary on a long journey/for sports). Clearly they have
not figured the problem
out still...after a year.

Come on Spotify we love you, but dudes please fix this sound error!! [?] 🙂

--Insert Reply Above This Line---

I haven't had any sound problems since May. So, I think that Spotify has solved the problem. 

Good to know Spotify is taking these forum posts into consideration.

Thanks guys!! 🙂

After upgrading to windows 10 i have no sound. any suggestions? i tired everything i could think of. nothing happened. 

I just downloaded Spotify for the first time and listened to 2 1/2 songs, now - nothing. No sound from any of the tracks. ?? this is crazy.

Just ran into this issue with my PS4. The track plays fine on my iPhone and computer, but doesn't have audio when I switch it to the PS4. Pressing the back button doesn't fix it what so ever. 

I've also uninstalled spotify on all three devices, no luck. 

There still isn't a fix for this??

I did this multiple times and it still isn't working
Marked as solution

I was having the same problem with the spotify app on my phone...every time a song changed over I would lose the audio but the progress bar showed the song was, in fact, playing. I may have found a work around by going into settings and setting a 1 second crossfade between songs. So far I've played through a few songs with no issues. It's not an ideal fix but seems to be going ok!

I am having the same problem as the guy above. Sometimes the music stops after one song, or maybe 6 - totally random and its really bugging me. Have contacted Spotify direct and have done all they say, but the problem still arises. Appears to be a spotify problem not my phone which at one time I thought it was. SPOTIFY please resolve this problem!!

Marked as solution

Thank you Demisemd for fixing (hopefully) the sound issue on spotify. I changed the crossfade to 1 sec and so far so good. Such a simple solution. Ta

I have reset the crossfade but I'm still getting no sound every so often. It's very annoying.

The cross fade solution worked last time this happened but this time nothing is helping, cleared data and cache, reinstalled app, set cross fade and still having play lists turn silent after a couple of tracks but look like they are playing in both offline and online modes.  

Samsung GT- S2 75

android 4.2.2

Suggested posts