Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs from mac to iPod

Songs from mac to iPod

HI.

I have songs on my mac. that I want to have over too my ipod. bud they dont synk to offline. 

I have bougt mac and ipod in 2015. and software is updatet. 

i have tried to reinstall spotify on mac and ipod... but the problem is still there.

and mac and ipod is open when i tried to sync

i did not have this problem when I have PC.   ant the firewall is off.

4 Replies

Hey @Carmen81

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Make sure both devices are connected to the same WiFi network. Are you sure you have followed the local files sync help guide?

From the help guide:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-to-local-files

Note: This feature is for Premium users only.

1. Using the desktop app, add local music files you want to sync to a playlist.
  2. Make sure your device is connected to the same WiFi network as your computer
  3. Tap the menu button ().
  4. Tap Your Music.
  5. Tap Playlists.
  6. Tap the playlist containing local files from your computer.
  7. Select the playlist containing the local music files and press the Available Offline switch at the top.
  8. A green arrow will appear next to the tracks when syncing is complete.
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi.

yes on the same wifi.  i got this problem when i swich to MAC isted of windows. 

and i have premium

Hey @Carmen81

Sorry for the late reply.

Hmm... I'm not sure what the problem could be then. Quite often I see people post here about the same issue and every time the culprit of the problem is usually different for everyone so there is no way to tell what exactly the problem could be. For some people the problem is with the WiFi, for some people the problem is with the computer, and for some people the problem is with the mobile device. It should be pretty straight forward by just being on the same WiFi network with the desktop and mobile app open and it syncs.

One thing I can think of is resetting your offline devices. Someone else has this same problem and that solved it for them.

Can you go to your offline devices page here and remove all devices and then try the sync again?

https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

hi

I will soon throw out everyting here. 

I have now tried what you suggest. and it dont work.. 

I realy dont now what i can do now. 

Suggested posts