Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

i cant conect to yamaha rn301

please help me my spotify see my device rn301 yamaha but i can not to connect him!!

• please help me my spotify see my device rn301 yamaha but i can not to connect him!!
  • Adam_B
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue synchronizing on my iPhone

Hi, I'm currently having issue synchronizing some albums and playlists on my iPhone (6s). I'm stuck with the "waiting for synchronisation" message (see attached screenshot).Thanks a lot in advance !Louis

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I'm currently having issue synchronizing some albums and playlists on my iPhone (6s).   I'm stuck with the "waiting for synchronisation" message (see attached screenshot). Than...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify clears my offline Playlists ?

Dear Supporter, dear Spotify-Team, I am using spotify from the first day as premium and loved it, to carry all my fav songs with me.Since some months spotify started to clear/delete my offline playlists? now I have to check my musik every time I goin...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Supporter, dear Spotify-Team,   I am using spotify from the first day as premium and loved it, to carry all my fav songs with me. Since some months spotify started to clear/delete m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Does Spotify Premium time out like Pandora?

Hi, I have an 5th Generation ipod touch and I have it connected to a Sony stereo receiver which in turn connects to in-wall and in-ceiling speakers through out my house. I wanted to know if I am streaming Spotify if there is a timeout? My wife an I d...

• Hi, I have an 5th Generation ipod touch and I have it connected to a Sony stereo receiver which in turn connects to in-wall and in-ceiling speakers through out my house.   I wanted to k...
  • ceevee-au
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify 4.6 crashes on iPhone 6+ during music download

The app crashes when I go to Your Music and some music is being downloaded. It crashes not straight away, but in 10-40 secs, sometimes a minute. So, if I have a good connection I manage to download my songs, sometimes in batches, by opening it again ...

• The app crashes when I go to Your Music and some music is being downloaded. It crashes not straight away, but in 10-40 secs, sometimes a minute. So, if I have a good connection I manage to downl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS app 1.8.1.8 crashes frequently when starting a new song

Description Both this version and the previous version of the application frequently crashes. The crashes always occur right at the start of a track saved on a playlist. I've not had any of the other problems I've seen reported (e.g. startup crash, v...

• Description Both this version and the previous version of the application frequently crashes.  The crashes always occur right at the start of a track saved on a playlist.  I've not had an...
  • Nibroc99
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Student discount using iTunes money

Hi, I would like to buy spotify premium with the student discount. I am elgible but when I try to get the student discount it requires a credit card rather than letting use my iTunes money liek it does in the app. Help me please because I'm sure othe...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I would like to buy spotify premium with the student discount. I am elgible but when I try to get the student discount it requires a credit card rather than letting use my iTunes money liek it do...
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Re: Streaming to Panasonic AllPlay 3...

Hi, I have recently purchased a Panasonic All Play 3 speaker, but I cannot stream high quality audio using Spotify connect. I have a premium account with Spotify, yet when I attempt to stream high quality in settings I am told that I cannot do so wit...

• Hi,   I have recently purchased a Panasonic All Play 3 speaker, but I cannot stream high quality audio using Spotify connect. I have a premium account with Spotify, yet when I attempt to strea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

After pasword reset spoty app does not recognice password and does not open

Hi to all.after reseting my password spotify app does not recognice my user/password. So i can not use on any device. I tryed 3 ipad 2 iphones an 1 ipod. But on safari i can acces to spotify home and my profile.In order to fix it I did the next. dele...

• Hi to all. after reseting my password spotify app does not recognice my user/password. So i can not use on any device. I tryed 3 ipad 2 iphones an 1 ipod. But on safari i can acces to spotify home a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify glitching on iOS 7.1.2

I just upgraded to Spotify Premium on my iphone. The most annoying thing I've noticed is that while a song is playing and I decide to scroll through my songs to figure out which one I want to play next, songs glitch and skip from 1-3 seconds. Super a...

• I just upgraded to Spotify Premium on my iphone. The most annoying thing I've noticed is that while a song is playing and I decide to scroll through my songs to figure out which one I want to play ne...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium works on iPad, but demands that I pay again on iPhone

Okay, so I bought my wife Spotify Premium (she was supposed to get three months free for $1.00 USD -- but didn't) on the 31st. It works fine on her iPad Air 2 -- no problem there. However, it is also supposed to work on up to 3 devices with the same ...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay, so I bought my wife Spotify Premium (she was supposed to get three months free for $1.00 USD -- but didn't) on the 31st.  It works fine on her iPad Air 2 -- no problem there.  However...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast 2

I have the iPhone 6S Plus, running iOS 9.2I have the latest updated Spotify app(4.6.0), but I can't seem to find the new Chromecast in the app. I'v read on this forum and on Spotify's website that it should work, I'v tried restarting both devices inv...

• I have the iPhone 6S Plus, running iOS 9.2 I have the latest updated Spotify app(4.6.0), but I can't seem to find the new Chromecast in the app.   I'v read on this forum and on Spotify's...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

When using Spotify Connect with Radio, my thumbs up/down are greyed out and don't function

I use my iPhone to control my Spotify Connect. I like to work around the house while listening to Spotify Radio. I am connected to my stereo system Via Connect which plays fine, but as mentioned, my thumbs up/down for song voting are greyed out and d...

• Casual Listener
  • I use my iPhone to control my Spotify Connect. I like to work around the house while listening to Spotify Radio. I am connected to my stereo system Via Connect which plays fine, but as mentioned, my ...
  • Yrzmyrz
  • Music Fan
  • 14 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 17 likes

Can not play direct songs or playlists via my raumfeld devices.

Hi, I am new and I havent found a similar issue. Please help. Brief description of the issue:Despite Premium account, I can not play single songs or playlists on my raumfeld wifi speaker devices. Steps to reproduce the issue:First I did this: I tried...

• Hi,   I am new and I havent found a similar issue. Please help.   Brief description of the issue: Despite Premium account, I can not play single songs or playlists on my raumfeld wifi ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 9.1 ONLINE MODE no album art

So I know the bug has been existing for quite a while, and I've been living with it since I changed my device from hTC m7 to iPhone 6s with iOS 9.1. Most of my album arts are not showing up and the weird thing is, few of them do. I thought by updatin...

• So I know the bug has been existing for quite a while, and I've been living with it since I changed my device from hTC m7 to iPhone 6s with iOS 9.1. Most of my album arts are not showing up and the w...
  • Sethalreadytakn
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 6s Plus Issue - Can't play song directly selected

HI,I just got an Iphone 6s Plus and having difficulty playing back the song being selected as displayed. I also have IPAD Retina, and with the same account I can playback the song directly.Kindly Help.Thanks,tfernand2014

• Casual Listener
  • HI, I just got an Iphone 6s Plus and having difficulty playing back the song being selected as displayed.  I also have IPAD Retina, and with the same account I can playback the song directly. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant sync local files

I've been having this problem for awhile now....whenever i turn a playlist that contains any of my local files to available offline it just says "waiting for download" but never starts... Its getting annoying paying for a service that doesn't even wo...

• Regular
  • I've been having this problem for awhile now....whenever i turn a playlist that contains any of my local files to available offline it just says "waiting for download" but never starts... Its getting...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes, iOS9.2

Ever since I updated to iOS 9.2 I noticed Spotify sometimes takes more than 20 seconds to open or doesnt open at all, and that Spotify hangs and crashes alot with browsing and playing, as if it has connection problems.I monitored the state of my inte...

• Ever since I updated to iOS 9.2 I noticed Spotify sometimes takes more than 20 seconds to open or doesnt open at all, and that Spotify hangs and crashes alot with browsing and playing, as if it has c...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

New Premium Member

I've just upgraded to Premium and having enormous interface problems with Spotify. I used to use Rdio which was simple & easy bur Spotify iis something else. I cannot get an album to play in full. I cannot get a Radio station to play in full. On both...

• Casual Listener
  • I've just upgraded to Premium and having enormous interface problems with Spotify. I used to use Rdio which was simple & easy bur Spotify iis something else. I cannot get an album to play in full...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes