Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Ipad Air IOS 9.1 connection/delayproblem chromecast

Hello, I couldnt find a topic about this matter so direct me to it please if there is already one.I bought last week chromecast 2. I could run spotify realy well on my hd tv for about 2 days.But since several days spotify has realy a hard time to mak...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  I couldnt find a topic about this matter so direct me to it please if there is already one. I bought last week chromecast 2. I could run spotify realy well on my hd tv for about 2 ...
  • ppdaoc
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle from phone to work server

I run Spotify through my phone via the work server . I have around 4000 songs on the playlist but it's only shuffling around 50?!! Don't know how to amend this!! It's only just started happening!! So annoying

• Casual Listener
  • I run Spotify through my phone via the work server . I have around 4000 songs on the playlist but it's only shuffling around 50?!! Don't know how to amend this!! It's only just started happening!! So...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ads pausing when screen locked

I have an Ipad Air and am running iOS 9.2 and spotify 4.6.0.1466I listen a lot with headphones and my ipad screen locked. There are certain ads for spotify that will pause as soon as they start (usually 15 second ads). all I have to do for them to pl...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an Ipad Air and am running iOS 9.2 and spotify 4.6.0.1466 I listen a lot with headphones and my ipad screen locked. There are certain ads for spotify that will pause as soon as they start (us...
  • eajsimko
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS 9.2
    Ipad version
    pause
    pauses
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Screen on iPhone goes completely black after connecting to spotify connect since ios9

Hisince downloading ios9 for my iPhone whenever I connect to my Libratone speaker on spotify connect the spotify screen on my iPhone goes completely black and I have no access to spotify (although the track / playlist continues to play through the sp...

• Hi since downloading ios9 for my iPhone whenever I connect to my Libratone speaker on spotify connect the spotify screen on my iPhone goes completely black and I have no access to spotify (although ...
  • adpq
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Monthly Payment

I'm having an issue with what Spotify charged me monthly. They state it's 9.99 a month but how come for the last several months I've been charged $14 and in some cases more? There's no way for me to contact them because when I write a letter to them ...

• I'm having an issue with what Spotify charged me monthly. They state it's 9.99 a month but how come for the last several months I've been charged $14 and in some cases more? There's no way for me to ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I couldnt download it on Appstore

hi,For a while approximately in 2 hours, i couldnt download the spotify on appstore turkey. I reset my phone, change the appstore account or re downloading but it didnt get me help.Is it a server problem for us or something? What would you suggest me...

• Visitor
  • hi, For a while approximately in 2 hours, i couldnt download the spotify on appstore turkey. I reset my phone, change the appstore account or re downloading but it didnt get me help. Is it a se...
  • TanMaNobel
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback problems when streaming with iPad iOS 6 via Bluetooth

Hi, I have the New iPad and I have Spotify installed in it. Spotify App 0.5.6.19.gaec439b7 Spotify core 0.8.2.1400.gc9731fe6. I'm using it to stream music to my speakers using Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter Kit (Bluetooth). Everything seemed to be...

• Regular
  • Hi,   I have the New iPad and I have Spotify installed in it.  Spotify App 0.5.6.19.gaec439b7 Spotify core 0.8.2.1400.gc9731fe6.   I'm using it to stream music to my speake...
  • ONENINESEVENSIX
  • Music Fan
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Make individual song available offline

Can anyone explain why when I make a playlist available offline some songs don't show the green downloaded icon? For example in the picture almost all songs show the icon but a few including Blood On The Leaves by Kanye doesn't show the same icon.

• Casual Listener
  • Can anyone explain why when I make a playlist available offline some songs don't show the green downloaded icon? For example in the picture almost all songs show the icon but a few including Blood On...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify running feature doesn't show up on app even though it is available in my country!

The new Spotify running feature doesn't show up on my app even though it is available in my country (switzlerland)!Does anybohave the same problem?Thanks in advance

• Visitor
  • The new Spotify running feature doesn't show up on my app even though it is available in my country (switzlerland)! Does anybohave the same problem? Thanks in advance
  • Cheesezucchini
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Spotify running
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

Got a new iPhone. Logged out of old phone and logged into new phone. I don't no my user name and password. When I reset under Email it came back as free user. I be been paying for premium a long time. How do I get back the subscription I pay for ever...

• Got a new iPhone. Logged out of old phone and logged into new phone. I don't no my user name and password. When I reset under Email it came back as free user. I be been paying for premium a long time...
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Saved songs not syncing across devices

I saved approximately 2000 songs from a playlist (named Synced Songs, which are actually local files) on the desktop, and thankfully all of that music showed up under "Your Music" within both the Songs and Artists categories on my iPhone. However, I ...

• Music Fan
  • I saved approximately 2000 songs from a playlist (named Synced Songs, which are actually local files) on the desktop, and thankfully all of that music showed up under "Your Music" within both the Son...
  • ryansharif89
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • saved artists
    saved music
    saved songs
    Your Music
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Updating Playlist on Multiple Devices

I have spotify on my iphone and also on another iphone i use just for music, i have created two new playlists & added songs but they are not showing on the other device?

• I have spotify on my iphone and also on another iphone i use just for music, i have created two new playlists & added songs but they are not showing on the other device? 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Subscribed but does not have Premium

I log in by Facebook, and I paid for my Student Premium. They asked me to verify if I am a student but after I verified, it send me back to the paying page, and my bank account already shows the transition. I lost the money but still does not have pr...

• I log in by Facebook, and I paid for my Student Premium. They asked me to verify if I am a student but after I verified, it send me back to the paying page, and my bank account already shows the tran...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not playing correctly with buzzing sounds

I have 2 songs in my playlist which makes a buzzing noise or like the noise when an old tv isnt connected to channels. The songs were Hello cover by Stephen and She's Casual by The Hunna. In pc and in my ipad it sounds fine but not in my iphone, any ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have 2 songs in my playlist which makes a buzzing noise or like the noise when an old tv isnt connected to channels. The songs were Hello cover by Stephen and She's Casual by The Hunna. In pc and i...
  • cptbrzyyzy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Search crash iOS 9.2

When typing anything in the sesrchbox, Spotify crashes and the iPhone (6) homescreen appears. I have local files in the app. Someone thought there may be a cause found there. Please fix the bug. Or does anyone know of a sollution?

• When typing anything in the sesrchbox, Spotify crashes and the iPhone (6) homescreen appears. I have local files in the app. Someone thought there may be a cause found there. Please fix the bug. Or d...
  • borntrouble
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Crash search
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Thumbs up and down don't work now on ios locked screen

Have the latest version of IOS on Iphone 6 and just bought spotify in December 2015 from free to premium, now I can rate songs thumbs up or down from locked screen, please help. It worked before. Reinstallation of the app was no help. Thanks, Mike

• Casual Listener
  • Have the latest version of IOS on Iphone 6 and just bought spotify in December 2015 from free to premium, now I can rate songs thumbs up or down from locked screen, please help.    It worke...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

"Spotify Now" page / feature not showing up

I have done a bit of searching and cannot find an answer to my issue. I have been trying to enable the Spotify Now page / feature within Spotify for iOS. From what I have read, this feature should be available in iOS. I do have the Running page, but ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have done a bit of searching and cannot find an answer to my issue. I have been trying to enable the Spotify Now page / feature within Spotify for iOS. From what I have read, this feature should be...
  • bmohler88
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

iOS 8 Battery Drain?

Since upgrading to iOS 8, I have noticed that Spotify is using significantly more battery than before the update. I generally listen to music stored on my device during my commute to work (about 30 minutes) and before iOS 8, would arrive at work havi...

• Since upgrading to iOS 8, I have noticed that Spotify is using significantly more battery than before the update. I generally listen to music stored on my device during my commute to work (about 30 m...
  • mgalush-us
  • 18 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 9 likes

Won't download

I have cleared up space, it's 500 songs, wifi is working perfectly, why aren't my songs downloading?

• I have cleared up space, it's 500 songs, wifi is working perfectly, why aren't my songs downloading?
  • augej742
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Songs won't download
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No High/Extreme quality streaming in mobile?

For some reason, I opened Spotify today on my iPhone and for streaming options, High and Extreme quality disappeared. I can still offline sync at Extreme quality, but the streaming options are gone. I've never seen this happen before. The UI is still...

• For some reason, I opened Spotify today on my iPhone and for streaming options, High and Extreme quality disappeared. I can still offline sync at Extreme quality, but the streaming options are gone. ...
  • Adam_B
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes