Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs keep playing back and forth in a playlist

Songs keep playing back and forth in a playlist

This issue started not too long ago. I'll be listening one of my main playlists on my phone and the songs will start hopping back and forth when shuffle is off. I'll even check the queue list or the "up next" and the songs are mixed up there too. My playlist is sorted by artist too. Theres no reason why this should be happening, it wasnt before so im assuming it must be a recent glitch.

it also seems to affect ios devices because my laptop plays them correctly. the only way i can get songs to play correctly is if i play the album itself or queue the songs manually to go in order.

if anyone knows how to fix this please help. Its getting annoying

2 Replies

Hey @strikemasterice!

Welcome to the Spotify Community. 

Just check, do your playlist contain multiple songs from the same artists/albums? If so, no worries! We're aware of an issue where certain playlists won't play in order when sorted. We're currently looking into this, and in the meantime we'd recommend sorting the playlist by Custom to ensure it plays in order.

Let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you.

Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Different playlists contain the same song yes. For example the song "Dr. Shavargo Pt. 3" is in 2 playlists. 

If thats whats causing the issue its good to hear a fix is coming soon because i was trying to fix it to no avail. I'll be patient.

Suggested posts