Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

Up to date 

My Question or Issue

Ive had the Novelists on my Spotify app for a while and was able to listen to all their albums. Then one day for no reason I was unable to play any of their songs but one. After a few weeks their album Noir returned and so did their single eyes wide shut, but I’m still unable to play their souvenirs album at all but one song. The songs are there but are faded out and will not play. Please fix 🙂

FE066BEA-6631-48AE-A546-F3336F29E7D9.png
9E54480F-6B88-4C04-B824-AEA7952CCD6F.png
5 Replies

Hey @Nexus_au! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Spotify would love to have all the world’s music available to everyone. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available.

I'd recommend reading this article for more info.

Hope this helps!

Peace

There appears to be something more going on, or Spotify is losing a significant number of their artists/albums as a result of their licensing process.  

In the response link provided above, in one section it states: 

“...

Something I saved is greyed out and won't play

This means the content is no longer available. This can happen if licencing agreements with the artist/labels, or ownership of rights, has changed. Hopefully it will reappear soon.”

In a related issue, I had several albums from Andrea Bocelli in my music, and all of a sudden this week, on one album (Sogno (Remastered 2015)), the album is no longer listed in Search, and only two of the 14 songs are not greyed out in my listing of the album.  There is nothing I can find online to indicate that a change in the licensing occurred for this artist and their relationship with Spotify.

It seems odd that only individual albums or parts of albums are removed if it was an artist licensing issue.  It may be that somehow Spotify files are being corrupted on the servers or elsewhere and manifesting as being “unavailable”.

Spotify, if you are monitoring this, could you please use these two examples to see if something from a data/IT perspective is going on that may be affecting a number of artists/albums/songs that were otherwise just fine for such a long time up to this point.

Thanks,

If this is so I might cancel my Spotify premium and go back to iTunes. At least I know if I pay for an album, I’ll always be able to listen to it. 

Thanks Ontario1

I have the same problem! I would love to listen to Sogno again and is not available anymore! Please Spotify do something 

Hi,
I have a similar issue. I use a family account and 1 out of 3 accounts can't open playlist of Disney's lion king. It works fine for 2 accounts, but not for the one. Although the files show (just greyed out).
So it can't be that the music has been revoked.
Please help. My daughter is in distress 😉

Suggested posts