Type in your question below and we'll check to see what answers we can find...
If you couldn't find any answers in the previous step then we need to post your question in the community and wait for someone to respond. You'll be notified when that happens.
Simply add some detail to your question and refine the title if needed, choose the relevant category, then post.
Before we can post your question we need you to quickly make an account (or sign in if you already have one).
Don't worry - it's quick and painless! Just click below, and once you're logged in we'll bring you right back here and post your question. We'll remember what you've already typed in so you won't have to do it again.
Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.
Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.
Loading ongoing issues...
iPhone 13 Pro; Apple Watch Series 7 (GPS only, not cellular)
iOS 15.1; watchOS 8.1
My Question or Issue
I got a new watch, which is running the latest version of watchOS, and it will not start downloading songs to the Spotify app on the watch. It’s not the same as the ongoing issue (songs get stuck at the first download) — the downloads section in the watch app just says "Loading..." forever. For reference, the old watch is removed from all my Apple accounts, erased, and sold.
Things I've tried:
- rebooting both Watch and phone.
- leaving watch and phone on chargers next to each other with the Spotify app open on both (and periodically waking watch up so that it registers as active).
- force quitting the app on both watch and phone.
- uninstalling and reinstalling the app on the watch.
- logging out of and logging back into the app on the phone.
- logging out and uninstalling the app on the phone and then reinstalling the app and logging back in on the phone.
- unpairing and repairing the watch (and choosing to set up watch as new, not restore from backup).
- trying from a different wifi connection.
- trying from a cellular data connection (on phone).
- updating to Spotify app 8.6.78 (issue continues).
Before I got my new watch, my old watch (series 4) was updated to watchOS 8.1 and had downloaded songs in that section of the watch app. However, these downloads were initially done prior to watchOS 8.1. I don't recall manually initiating a download to my old watch after it was on 8.1.
I'm assuming it's a bug in iOS 15.1, watchOS 8.1, or the Spotify app.