Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs playing outside of list

Solved!

Songs playing outside of list

I have created a customized playlist. Recently, there are random songs that play outside of my list. They are songs that I have never played before and are unknown to me. They just start playing automatically. Why is this happening and how can I get it to stop? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mizzjanejane

Alright, thanks! Could you head to: 'My Library > Settings > Playback'. On the bottom, there should be an option called AutoPlay, could you turn that off? Do you still see unwanted tracks after that? Let me know!

Keep rockin'! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @mizzjanejane! Welcome to the community!

Hmm, it sounds like suggested songs are playing. Suggested songs are songs based on what you're listening. Suggested songs won't play on Spotify Premium. If you haven't had Premium before, check out the free trial!SpotifyPremium_twitter.png

Take care! 🙂
Huib

HuboSpotify Star

Hi, 

I am having this same problem however I have a Premium account? 

It is really frustrating as it means I have to turn off shuffle and play songs in the exact order they are in an album or playlist to avoid listening to songs that I don't want to...

Thanks

Hey @beth_joss! Welcome to the community!

Hmm, it sounds like there might be some songs stuck in your queue. Could you check if that's the case: Queue-twitter.pngThanks, take care! 🙂

Huib

HuboSpotify Star

But I have a Premium account 😞

Hey @mizzjanejane!

That's not alright! So, just to confirm, this happens between the tracks you're playing in your playlist. Could you take a screenshot of the Now Playing view whenever an unwanted track pops up?

Thanks, take care!

Huib

HuboSpotify Star

Here is one song that randomly played. This is not listed in my playlist. When I start up my playlist, I usually just hit "Shuffle Play". It usually plays one or two songs from the list and then all of a sudden a random song not on the list.
IMG_4232.PNG
Marked as solution

Hey @mizzjanejane

Alright, thanks! Could you head to: 'My Library > Settings > Playback'. On the bottom, there should be an option called AutoPlay, could you turn that off? Do you still see unwanted tracks after that? Let me know!

Keep rockin'! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Thank you! It worked! I wonder if this was a new update I did not know about becuase it just started happening a few days ago.

Thanks for this! Clearing the queue worked!

Suggested posts