Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sorting albums within "Your Music"

Sorting albums within "Your Music"

So, I finally got "your music" last night on my iPhone. I'm away from home and staying in a hotel at the moment, so can't see if I have it on the desktop.

I got really excited as I want to use this feature to sort my favourite albums - I plan on hundreds.

So I added my first three albums to your music and.......l..

They stayed in the order I added them!

This is a disaster. For example, I want to listen to a Queen album. I can't scroll through my list of albums to Q and then scroll through their albums in order to find their third album "A Night at the Opera" as it will only appear in the list whenever I added it.

Please tell me there is a way to alter the order in which they appear?

Thanks in advance.
4 Replies

I have the same issue. My Music is a welcome update but there needs to be another layer of organization.  After going to Artist, there should be another menu layer to select a specific album and they should be in alpha order.  Today, it just drops you into a song list.

I was as dissappointed as you.  This feature is horrible. And it only took a year to get it out.

My suggestion to Spotify is to allow us to add ARTISTS from the artist main page to the "Your Music" Artists section.

Then, under the Artist section of "Your Music", when you press the ">" on the right hand side, link us to the Album List which appears on the Artist's main page.  All of the Artist's albums are already sorted by year!  This is so much better than having to add each album individually since there is no "Add all albums by Artist" to Your Music.

I don't know.  I can't believe we have to tell Spotify how to do this.  What are they doing all day?

My guess is that Apple has some sort of copyright on the Artists>Albums>Songs paradigm and they are trying to do this without infringing on this.  I can't explain this any other way.

Now that Google Play is also available on Sonos, I will probably switch. I was really hopeful that this long awaited release would address some of these fundamental issues. It is unbelievable Spotify can't get this right. It was 2012 when they originally announced this. They've had plenty of time.

Totally agree that this is a feature that requires some improvement - please get this fixed asap!

Suggested posts