Premium

Country

United States of America

Device

iPhone Xr and iPad Pro (3rd Generation)

Operating System

iOS 14

My Question or Issue

The Spotify app repeatedly crashes while listening to music. The only solution I have found so far for this issue is to delete and redownload the app, though the issue still persists after a few days. After the reinstallation of the app, typically the issue will cease for a short period before it resumes and episodes of the crashes become closer and closer together until the app is deleted and reinstalled again. The issue has become progressively worse since it started around a year ago, and only recently has it become extremely frustrating, as the app will crash around 3 times in a half hour. 

3 Replies

Hi there @jamisonp922,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you confirm that you followed the no old cache files causing this. steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you contact out customer support and ask them to remove any possible corrupt device as we can't do that directly from our end.

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi, Jeremy

Sorry for the long delay in response, but luckily the problem seemed to have solved itself for a period up until today when it crashed twice in under five minutes. I can confirm that I have already attempted the method that includes deleting cache files and did not find any success. I will contact customer support regarding the issue. Thank you for your efforts to this point. 

JamisonP922

Hey @jamisonp922,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

When you contact customer support, you can send them a link to this Community thread, so that they can get a better overview of the issue and see what troubleshooting we've gone through.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts