Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect works from my iPhone even when I switch WLAN

Solved!

Spotify Connect works from my iPhone even when I switch WLAN

Hi.
I have two separate WLANs at home. In one I have my Denon Home 150 with an iPad. In the other my iPhone. I can play music on the Denon over Spotify Connect from both. This is also the case when I'm in another building with yet another WLAN. Apple ID and Spotify accounts are the same on both Apple devices. In Spotify "Show local devices only" too.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Millersoft,

Thanks for reaching out. 

If the device in question is a partner device and you have logged in on it directly with your account, then Spotify Connect can be used on it and all other devices your account is logged into regardless of network. You can use the device menu on your mobile or desktop to control what device the playback comes from, as described here. You can turn the setting for Local Devices only off and then on again, that should help remove external devices from the list.

Hope this clears things up.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Millersoft,

Thanks for reaching out. 

If the device in question is a partner device and you have logged in on it directly with your account, then Spotify Connect can be used on it and all other devices your account is logged into regardless of network. You can use the device menu on your mobile or desktop to control what device the playback comes from, as described here. You can turn the setting for Local Devices only off and then on again, that should help remove external devices from the list.

Hope this clears things up.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Kiril. It wasn't too clear why I could play music on a device in another building on another WLAN. I guess the devices address settings (URL or so) are cached somewhere until I turn the setting for Local Devices only off and then on again.

Suggested posts