Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Free shuffle play doesn't work

Spotify Free shuffle play doesn't work

Now, when I try playing a playlist with the shuffle play button, it says it requires premium. Spotify is useless if I can't play music!
IMG_0808.PNG
IMG_0809.PNG
5 Replies

Hey @user-removed! Thanks for reaching out!

That definitely doesn't look alright! Could you try to reinstall the app? Let me know if it works after that.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is happung to me iI pd on Feb 19 and tells me that i need to up grade premium that I already have so what do i need to do i couldnt use it at all and it took my data.

It still didn't work, unfortunately.

Hey @Penny6 and @user-removed,

If you're Premium users, you are probably just logging in a second (and Free) account. 

To check for an account

• Try logging in with any and all usernames/passwords you may have used to create an account, or that you regularly use elsewhere. 
  • Enter all email addresses you use into our password reset form (you must be logged out). If an account exists, you’ll receive an email with further details. 
  • If you use Facebook, you might have created a Spotify account through that. Try using LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK
  • Check your bank statements, as you might have purchased Premium. If you find any charges from Spotify, check your email inbox and spam folders for the receipt. This will include your account details.
    Note: If you find more than one charge from Spotify per month, you may have more than one Premium account. You can follow these steps to cancel
  • Check your device memory. This will show all Spotify accounts you’ve ever logged in to on the device. See the steps below:

On your Mac:

1. Open Finder on your Mac.
  2. Click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn't visible.)
  3. Open Application Support > Spotify > Users
  4. All usernames you've logged into on this device will show under this folder.

On your Windows:

1. In the lower-left corner of your PC home screen, click the Start icon > File Explorer > This PC.
  2. Open C: > Users > Your computer's Username > App Data
    Note: If you can't find App Data, open the Start menu and type in Run in the search box. Select Run and type in appdata and press enter.
  3. Open Local > Spotify > Users.
  4. All usernames you've logged into on this device will show under this folder. 

Hope this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Eh... I don't have a premium account. I thought free accounts are only allowed to play a playlist shuffled. I can't even do that now. I repeat, I DONT have premium.

Suggested posts