Premium

Country

Device

(Iphone 13 pro max, Ipad pro 10.5 inch)

Operating System

(IOS 17, IPadOS 16)

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I have a certain problem where whenever I click on a new song with the repeat button on, it turns off automatically and doesn’t repeat the new song once it finishes, but changes to reccomended songs.

Is this part of a new update, or is the spotify app having problems on apple devices,? Im having frustrations everytime the song ends and the repeat button doesn’t work when changing a new song.

40 Replies

yup, same here. pls fix this soon spotify, it sucks.

My Question or Issue

album repeat used to be already turned on whenever I changed albums but today it stopped which is annoying because I use Spotify all the time and having to turn it back on every single time I change albums or songs is really frustrating is there a setting or something I can do to have I turn on by default 

It is extremely annoying and unsafe when I trying to switch one track to another and had to do three touches instead of one when riding a bicycle. Spotify, please fix this and turn back ability to remember repeat button state. Thanks!

Plan

Student Premium

Country

Italy

Device

(Xiaomi 11T, MSI Prestige 15)

Operating System

(Android 13/Miui 14, Windows 11)

The repeat button disables if I press another song, regardless of whether it's in the same playlist or on a different playlist. The same problem occurs on my PC too. Every time I click on a song I have to click on the repeat button again. This only happens on my phone and laptop, but it doesn't happen on my desktop or iPad

UPDATE:

Now the same problem it's on my Ipad and on my Desktop

UPDATE: 

I updated the app on my Ipad too, now I have the same issue

The issue is fixed now! Thanks!

UPDATE! 

the issue is fixed, the repeat button no longer disables. 

the latest update fixed this bug! thank you. let’s hope it doesn’t come back in future updates like last time. 💚

Hey folks,

Thanks for letting us know it's working for you, that's awesome to hear!

Should anyone still experience this issue, we suggest reinstalling the app to make sure you're running the latest version. If that doesn't do the trick, let us know your current Spotify version.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem.

The "Repeat all" option keeps getting reset.

The reset happens when I click on another song, even if it's on the same playlist.

I want to be able to loop my playlists regardless of going back and forth - this was the default behavior in my apps in the past, but I do not remember when this changed.

This happens on all my devices, regardless of version.

Hey @imfromthespace,

Could you please take a look and confirm if it's fixed for you as well? 🙂
If it isn't yet, go over the steps, linked by @Elena in the previous post and check again.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

VasilModerator

Cuando quiero volver a repetir la canción en la misma lista ya no me deja 

Hey folks,

Thank you for your patience.

This issue seems to be fixed already. If you are still presenting it, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app since this replaces possible damaged files and ensures your device is running the latest Spotify version. You can do it by following the steps mentioned in this article.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator

Plan

Premium

Country

IN

Operating System

Android , Windows 11

My Question or Issue

I couldn't loop for a single song, when I press the loop option I could only see loop playlist and no loop. Loop for a single song is not coming up

This issue is cropping up again. Playlists have the repeat function turned off every time I click a new playlist. Would be nice if the devs could just fix this issue and prevent it from continuing to reoccur

Using an Iphone 6

Can confirm it is cropping back up again, happening on my iPhone, iPad and Windows desktop. Every time I switch to a different playlist repeat will get turned off.

Earlier today I could freely skip and loop songs, but now I have zero control. I can’t even tap on a song to listen to it.

How do I fix this

I tried this and it did not work

Hi there folks,

Thanks for the replies. This issue should've been resolved, but if you've encountered it again now, we'll gladly look into it again. To that end, we need more specific info:

• Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)?
  • When did this start happening? Did this coincide with an update to the app or the OS of the device?
  • The exact makes, models and OS/Firmware versions of all your affected devices
  • The exact Spotify Versions you use.
  • Screenshots or a video of the behaviour. If the files are too large to attach here in the Community, you can send them to us via Google Drive or as unlisted YouTube videos.

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate further.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator

Suggested posts