Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app crashes immediately after login

Spotify app crashes immediately after login

I have iOS 7.1.2
My account works perfectly fine on my Mac, but when I try to login to Spotify on my phone it crashes immediately. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I've done a hard reset of the device, I have disconnected and reconnected my account from Facebook, and it all yields the same result.
9 Replies

@goldfront Thats really weird though, does it have the same problem if we login with another account though?
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Yeah, I have 2 accounts and I've tried them both. Still hasn't worked for me.

@goldfront You're using an iPhone 3? 4/4S or 5?
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

iphone 5. Still crashes. Even created a new account, changed my password, everything. 

Hello, I'm having the same problem

Whenever I try to login into my account the three dots start as when it's loading and all of a sudden I'm on the main screen.

Happens on the iPod touch 4G with iOS 6.1.5 and on the iPhone 4S with iOS 7.1.2

I've donde everything, clean uninstall the app, restart the phone.

I even have another iPhone where it's working fine, but that phone has the account logged in since a long time ago and of course I won't log out... it's an iPhone 4S with 7.1.2 as well.

Pertaining your issue, that seems like it shouldn't happen given what you’ve described (I've tried on my end and it works perfectly fine), I guess your music cache is corrupted, kindly do a clean reinstallation following the steps below:

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.

Also clear off Safari’s Cache under iPhone/iPad Settings > Safari and Clear all of the caches.
I'm here to shuffle!

Well, I tried the above steps twice now and still hasn't worked! 
I may end up taking my phone into the apple store... although all the other apps work properly...

Oh I just remembered something, take a look at this thread:
@goldfront

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Spotify-constant-crashes-in-loadings...
I'm here to shuffle!

I know it's an old conversation but I found why it does that and it could help anyone having this issue. 

I moved to Canada recently so I changed the country in my phone but not in my Spotify account. I was having this issue restarting straight after login in and as soon as I changed the country to Canada in my Spotify account (from the website) it fixed the problem. Countries need to match between phone and Spotify account. 

I hope it's gonna help some people 🙂 

Suggested posts