Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app disappeared from ios 7 iphone cannot uninstall cannot open

Solved!

Spotify app disappeared from ios 7 iphone cannot uninstall cannot open

I have a iphone 4s running ios 7.0

The spotify app has disappeared from my phone.  I have tried turning the phone on and off, rebooting the phone, neither has worked.  If I go to the app store on the phone and try to download the app it only gives me the option to "open" it, which does nothing when selected. I have attached a screen shot of what I see in the app store on the phone.

I have tried downloading the app on my macbook (running OS 10.8.5) app store to then synch to the phone and the spotify app does not show up when I search for in the in app store, only spotify add ons. So I am unable to load that way, neither does the spotify app appear in the list of apps in itunes when I connect my phone to the computer, so I cannot delete it and try to re install.

I pay for premium and this is extremely frusturating! I have previously been using the app successfully for over a year on the phone. 

photo.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just to confirm, can you try a soft reboot by holding the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen and then have another try? 

If not, its worth trying to remove the application from your phone without the app store by going to:

Setting > General > Usage (took a while to load on my phone) > Manage Apps > Spotify > Delete App 

And then try to reinstall from App Store?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

you are a genius had the same problem after updateing, it said remove "null" which i thought was strange

Marked as solution

Peter I can't thank you enough. I have had no Spotify on my iPhone for 3 weeks. Which being a Premium user adds to frustrations. Your steps to delete the app from Usage menu did the job. Thanks again.

17 Replies

Can you try removing it using iTunes on your computer and then reinstalling? 

To be able to remove it remotely using your computer, you need to make sure in iOS Settings > General > Restrictions are set to off.

Peter

I tried to do that but the app doesn't appear in itunes when the phone is connected to the computer.  I double checked the settings on the phone and the restrictions are off. 

If you swipe down on the home screen of your iPhone (the first page of apps), does Spotify appear under Applications if you search for it?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

No-- if I search for spotify on the phone, the only search results are messages and emails, no application. 

Thank you for trying to help!

Wondering are any of those pending updates Spotify?

Peter

This happened to me, as well, and I can't figure out how to get it back. Last Friday I was able to access and use Spotiy like normal, but then I tried to do the update and it just disappeared from my phone. The screenshot you posted is exactly what mine looks like when I try to re download it. I have no idea what to do. I don't want to cancel my Spotify, but there's no sense in paying for something I can't use.

Can you try doing a:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout

And see if that makes any difference (at the expensive of messing up any folders you have!). Also wondering how many applications do you guys have installed? Would you also be able to confirm your exactly iOS versions?

Peter

I have 7.0.2 on a 4S. I have quite a few apps, but after Spotify went away I tried deleting some and downloading one back to see if that would help, but it didn't. I'll try resetting, though! Thanks!

Didn't work. 😕
Marked as solution

Just to confirm, can you try a soft reboot by holding the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen and then have another try? 

If not, its worth trying to remove the application from your phone without the app store by going to:

Setting > General > Usage (took a while to load on my phone) > Manage Apps > Spotify > Delete App 

And then try to reinstall from App Store?

Peter

Resetting my homecreen. This didn't work, and I didn't realize how many apps and folders I had.  AHH! Must rearrange.  Still not able to find the spotify app.  Mine also disappeared last Friday 1/10/14. 

I am running ios 7.0 on an iphone 4s.  None of the pending app updates are for spotify-- at least that I can tell.  Screen shot attached of what I see under the app store: updates:

photo copy.PNG

Also I currently have 43 apps total on the phone. 

Peter ---Thank you!!!

I was able to delet the app under settings: general: usage, then I turned the phone on and off and I was able to download the app from the app store.  Success!!  My spotify app is no longer in limbo.

And for the record, I had tried the "soft" reboot with no results. 

Thanks for the confirmation @merylm3m . Definitely the weirdest issue of the week!

Peter

Marked as solution

you are a genius had the same problem after updateing, it said remove "null" which i thought was strange

Marked as solution

Peter I can't thank you enough. I have had no Spotify on my iPhone for 3 weeks. Which being a Premium user adds to frustrations. Your steps to delete the app from Usage menu did the job. Thanks again.

This totally solved my problem! Thanks.

Suggested posts