Spotify app on Apple Watch (iOS 13 or watchOS6.0.) does not show elapsed time on the top left corner

Re: Spotify app on Apple Watch (iOS 13 or watchOS6.0.) does not show elapsed time on the top left co

MoFi67
Visitor
Same issue here on 10/23/19; I’m also a yoga & meditation professional and this is very frustrating. Also noticed yesterday that when I try to change volume from my watch the track either stops completely or I have to control volume from my phone which is super tacky and inconvenient in a fitness environment. Please fix. 🙏🏻

Re: Spotify app on Apple Watch (iOS 13 or watchOS6.0.) does not show elapsed time on the top left co

madyrenae

Same problem here! What's the deal! 

#bringbackthecountdown

sgolden
Visitor

SAME!! This is happening for me too and also teach fitness classes that need this function for. Please switch this back ASAP!!!!!!!!!! Bringbackthecountdown  #Bringbackthecountdown  Or please tell us how to fix this!! 

AmyKarasick
Regular

no answer to this yet?? I was teaching a fitness class this evening and just noticed it! So frustrating!!!!! Please bring the countdown back!

ianbogue
Casual Listener

The best thing you all can do at this point is click the "Me Too" button on OP raysonyam's post. I see that a lot of you use it for fitness and coaching purposes, which is wonderful. It's crazy how much we rely on such a small feature. Spotify really needs to listen to their community more, especially since there is no apparent reason for removing the countdown.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We can confirm that this is now the expected behaviour of the app.

If you'd like to see this changed back, feel free to head over to the Idea Exchange here, create a new idea for it, and add your vote to it. 

There's more information on how your feedback reaches Spotify through the Idea Exchange here.

Let us know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

raysonyam
Casual Listener

I have created a ticket in the "Idea Submission" - Please help to vote to bring back ths feature

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Mobile-Other-Please-bring-back-the-count-down-elap...

Eaba
Casual Listener
Thank you!!

jefferybeene
Regular
"We can confirm that this is now the expected behaviour of the app.
If you'd like to see this changed back, feel free to head over to the Idea Exchange here, create a new idea for it, and add your vote to it. "

In other words, no, go suck an egg. Has ANY thing ever come back from the idea exchange once removed?

AmyKarasick
Regular
I just don't get WHY they would remove this aspect. Many people use it and no one certainly complains about it. Makes absolutely no sense.
SUGGESTED POSTS