Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app reverts video podcast when losing focus.

Spotify app reverts video podcast when losing focus.

Operating System

(iOS 15.3.1, Spotify app 8.7.20.1724)

My Question or Issue

Watching\listening to any video podcast then when you switch to another app and then back again Spotify app will revert the timeline spot back to when you started watching\listening.

39 Replies

Whenever I am listening to a podcast on my iPhone, when I swipe the app out of the way at say 22:00 mins into the podcast, the podcast keeps playing in the background of my phone as you would expect, however when I then go back onto the app it insta fly skips back to the 22:00. 

Tried uninstalling app and reinstalling and done nothing. 

any help appreciated as seriously annoying. 

Hi,

Try to use different device and check does it do the same thing on that. If it does not, check if there's a system update available on your phone and if there is, update your phone. After that try uninstalling and reinstalling it again. Maybe that will fix it.

If it is acting the same way on your computer or any other device then ask if your friend or somebody in your family could log in to spotify on your phone with him/her account to see is it acting the same way with their account. If it doesn't then it is probably an account problem and you should contact to spotify support.

I am having the same issue. Today listening to Rogan it jumped me pack to 19:00 three times! 

yes, this is so annoying. It’s the reason I don’t use Spotify for podcasts. I did figure out that if you select a new device to listen on and switch back to your phone it will change the place you get returned to.

This is happening to me too…it’s definitely a bug. 

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Does this occur when playing a certain podcast or with all episodes in general? Do you experience the same on a different device, for example, an android phone or a computer?

A short video which shows the issue in action would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to also send us the following:

• Your device's make, model and OS version.
  • The version of Spotify you're running.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Take care!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Whocaresaboutthis,

Thanks for reaching about this on the Community. 

In this case, could you send us the make/model of your device? Also, tell us if this started after a recent update or if it's been like that before.

Lastly, let us know if this happens when playing this type of content on other devices and with other networks (4G/5G or WiFi).

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

This bug makes the app almost unusable when listening to podcasts, high severity bug.  This happens on multiple podcasts and multiple episodes.  The iOS app when transitioning from background to foreground, resets playhead to 0.  Spotify player can be paused or played, it happens in either case. iPhone 11, iOS 15.0.1.  Not sure about Android or Web.

Me too. Does not seem to matter which podcast. There are others as well; https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinfuriating/comments/tzrv73/spotify_podcast_resets_to_start_on_task_s...

Iphone 12 iOS 15.4.1, Spotify app 8.7.20.1724

Same thing happening to me listening to rogan and Tim Dillon.  Running IOS 15.4.1 all apps up to date.  This is extremely terrible experience. 

iPhone XLR. Has to been from the latest update, this has never happened before. Doesn't matter if I'm on cellular or a wifi network, i can repeat this test and both get the same result.

This keeps happening to me as well on my iphone X. I have app version 8.7.20.1724 

It's insanely frustrating, it keeps reverting back to the same time in the podcast every time I open the app. 

I am running most recent version of Spotify. Using IOS version 15.3.1 it did it on any podcast episode. Updated to IOS 15.3.2 and the problem persists 

This is happening to me too and its driving me insane. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the app many times and signed in and out with different profiles and it happens on each one with every podcast I listen to/watch. Running iOS 15.4.1 iPhone 11 Pro Max 256gb.

Heres a video with my webcam as the iOS built in screen recorder deosnt capture spotify properly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nPQSR6fgOIRS0lJG5yzaiWRzvc0_xMg1/view?usp=sharing

This is happening to me too and its driving me insane. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the app many times and signed in and out with different profiles and it happens on each one with every podcast I listen to/watch. Running iOS 15.4.1 iPhone 11 Pro Max 256gb.

Heres a video with my webcam as the iOS built in screen recorder deosnt capture spotify properly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nPQSR6fgOIRS0lJG5yzaiWRzvc0_xMg1/view?usp=sharing

Same thing happens to me using the maddest version of the app. iOS 15.4.1, iPhone 13 Pro, Spotify 8.7.20.1724. 

Happening to me as well. Multiple Joe Rogan podcasts will rewind to the same point in the episode when I unlock my phone and view the Spotify App. Affects Carplay as well. 

Can we get an update on this? This is terribly annoying

Suggested posts