Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app won't install on my iPhone 5s after I deleted to make space on my phone

Solved!

Spotify app won't install on my iPhone 5s after I deleted to make space on my phone

Hi I've done this a couple times, delete apps on my phone to make space but this is the first time I'm seeing this. I have the 8.1.3 software update on the iPhone 5s. I tried downloading it and it's just stuck on the white part where it looks like the app is paused. I tried to delete it too by holding it down and pressing the x and it's not deleting off my phone. It's shared on two other devices and they are working fine. Please help this is my only music app and it hasn't been working for almost a week.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Omg it's working now!!!There was a software update that just came through and I tried downloading it again.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Try restarting your phone and then download it again.

Sometimes an app can get stuck when downloading from the app store. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi. I've done that numerous times. I've even held down both keys to do a soft reset. No dice. When I go back in the App Store to try again to download, it downloads like normal but gets stuck each time.

And now I have 6.6 Gb of space so I know that's not the issue cause I deleted so many apps, photos and videos.

@Gingergirl78613

This happened to me with Kik. Unfortunately I gave up trying to download it after about a hour. The next day I tried downloading it and it was fine.... So I guess just wait a while. It worked for me and I hope it works for you 😄

I found this solution online that might help:

• Open Settings
  • Scroll down and tap on iTunes & App Store
  • Tap on your Apple ID and Sign Out
  • Turn off Wifi or the cellular connectivity after you have successfully signed out.
  • Wait for a couple of minutes before turning the Wifi/Cellular back on.
  • Head to Settings → iTunes & App Store and sign in with your Apple ID.
  • See if the download of the app resumes correctly. If not, open the App Store, search for the app in question and tap on the stop button. Wait a couple of minutes and then tap on it again to resume the download.
MattSudaSpotify Star

Okay I will try this and let you know.

Hi. It did not work. 😣
Marked as solution

Omg it's working now!!!There was a software update that just came through and I tried downloading it again.

Great! Glad you got it working 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi 

I am unable to get my App to download on my phone. It acts like it wants to but then it doesn't...

I can't even get the partial download to delate off my phone. What should I do? It was fine until I 

deleted it off my phone and was tring to put it back on. I pay for this service and well if I can't use it I

do not want to be paying for it. I use it in my car while driving so I only use it on my phone and not on my MacBook

Air Laptop. I have an Iphone 5s that is having the issues. I obviously am able to log into my account on the computer.

Thanks for the help!

Bliss Barrett

I also have plenty of space for it to re-install on my phone as well..meant to say that

Hello can any one give me any infomation pls.
I have samasung s5.had sportify on it.i had to reset back to factory set up.
Tryed downloading sporttyf againg.
Its in my screen.but when i press button to go to it.
It goes on it than switch back to main screen.
I have loged on but still switches back to main screen.
Many thanks for any help
Greyhound6584@gmail.com

Ok so here's the deal you can download spotify on just about any iOS 3.0. 2.3.6. 6.0 and any apple device but it must be in your cloud where all the apps you have downloaded are so how to do this is take a device that is iOS 8 or obove such as iPod iPad iPhone Mac and download it then restart your phone then go to your device and sighn into your Apple ID same one you used to get spotify then search it up in the App Store press the button that shows a arrow pointing down from the cloud and it will ofer you a older version of the app press download

Hi, can you help me.. whenever i try to redownload spotify, i cant find the get or install tab. Instead its a cloud with aroow down and i nothing happens

D087B853-F664-449B-97BF-ED962C2A18BB.png

Suggested posts