Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app won't play songs in order

Spotify app won't play songs in order

I've only had this problem on the app. Spotify will not play the songs in the order they appear on the playlist, instead it jumps around. I am a premium user, I do not have it on shuffle and I have tried re-downloading the app.

9 Replies

Hey @KfromUSA, this is definitely not cool! Can you check your play queue and post screenshots of the playlist showing the songs, and what your play queue looks like? That would help immensely!

So you can see in this first picture what my playlist looks like, the album is in order.

Spotify1.png

But you can see here that the next song spotify automatically plays is another Black Sabbath song, but its picked a random one. Sometimes it chooses the same artist, like here, and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it will also play a few songs in the correct order before jumping to something else.

Spotify2.png

Thanks @KfromUSA, can you please confirm what version of iOS and which iPhone you are running on? Thanks!

It is an Iphone 6s with IOS 10.2.1

Thanks @KfromUSA, are you able to update to 10.3.1 at all?

Yes I just did, I'm still having the problem. I should have added that this has been a problem for several months, I just kept putting off asking about it because I was expecting each Spotify update to fix it.

I'm also now having a problem where playlists won't display songs in the correct order. I have the playlist set to sort by artist, and normally Spotify would sort them in the correct order by album but now they just appear randomly. Re-installing the app fixed this a few days ago but now it is already happening again.

Thanks for that info! I'll escalate this issue up for you.

Hey @KfromUSA, try sorting the playlist by custom and then playing and see how that goes.

Apparently this is a known bug with Spotify at this stage.

Suggested posts