Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connects to Sonos when I'm listening on my headphones.

Spotify connects to Sonos when I'm listening on my headphones.

I have an iPhone and I listen to Spotify via iOS app. I recently set up Sonos speakers in my house.

When I'm at the gym or when I'm driving my car listening to Spotify, my music will stop and I notice that Spotify jumped to my Sonos speakers in my kitchen, when I'm clearly not on the network nor at home. This has happened ever since I installed the Sonos.

Spotify's connection doesn't even work on my Sonos, I use Airplay to use them. This is extremely frustrating and confusing.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my app. Didn't work.
I have changed my settings to only display local devices. Didn't work.
I removed Spotify from Alexa, even though Alexa is not connected.

What else can I do?
6 Replies

Hey @cassiechaos,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. 

This might be happening if your account is logged in on a speaker and someone else is starting the music at home via the Spotify Connect feature. In order to fix this, we'd recommend to follow the step here to log out everywhere. 

We'd also suggest that you remove access for any third party apps as you might have used your account on external devices (such as speakers, etc.) in the past. You can do that with the following steps:

1. Log in to your Apps page.
  2. Click REMOVE ACCESS on any app.

In case you're still experiencing this - let us know. We'll be happy to help out further 🙂

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

There is nobody home when my Spotify switches devices to my home Sonos.

There is definitely a glitch happening somewhere between the two.

I want to keep access to my Sonos so I can play music when I’m home but we
need to solve the device jumping issue. Additionally it’s the Spotify connect feature that shows me it started playing elsewhere. So maybe that is the culprit?

Hi Lyubka,

As my original post stated, nobody is home and I am logged into my Sonos speakers. I do not want to remove them because I would like to use them as soon as I get home. 

When I notice this happening:

1. Nobody is home
  2. I am playing my music on Spotify on my phone (through my Airpods) while at the gym (more than a mile from home)
  3. My music stops in my airpods, I look on my phone and it says it's playing in my kitchen speakers, which is more than a mile away from me.
  4. I go onto my spotify app, and it automatically switches back to my phone/Airpods and my sonos speakers are not discoverable at all.

Is there a way to solve this issue without removing access to my sonos?

I tried to attach a video of me on my phone and it switching from my airpods to the kitchen speaker, but it won't let me load it.

IMG_7227.jpg
IMG_7226.jpg

Hey @cassiechaos,

Thanks for your replies and for all the info shared.

Apologies for the late response, I was trying to test this on my side but I couldn't replicate this same behavior. That being said, you can try some further troubleshooting to check if you noticed any difference.

Just to confirm, is your Sonos speaker always on? If yes we'd recommend changing the password of your Wifi network to check if you noticed any difference. We'd also suggest checking if the Spotify app is up-to-date on your mobile phone, as well as the Sonos firmware.

Additionally, we'd recommend making sure Log in to your account page, scroll down, and select SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE. We understand nobody is home when this jumping behavior happens, that's why we want to make sure your account is not open on a different device from the ones you regularly use. You’ll sign out from every device in which your account is open with the button mentioned above. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

If you have checked and done all of the above, but you don't notice any changes, we'd recommend removing the access to Spotify of your Sonos device by following the steps provided above by @Lyubka. Once you've done it, we'd recommend a factory reset of the Sonos speaker. We located this guide from Sonos, so you can follow the steps you can find there. After that, try linking Sonos and Spotify again.

Lastly, if you're having inconveniences uploading videos to the Community web page, keep in mind you can also upload them to YouTube or Google drive and make them public, so we can visualize them.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

hi there 

I have a similar problem, when I’m listening to Spotify at work in my car it then starts playing in my wife’s salon at home on her Sonos,it’s driving me mad can anyone help??

Hey @Rob1606,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

Just to make sure, have you followed the troubleshooting steps and recommendations mentioned previously by @Lyubka and @AlejaR?

If so and the issue persists, could you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Youtube or Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to watch it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts