Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify controls no longer showing on lock screen, I'm in Iphone IOS 16.

Spotify controls no longer showing on lock screen, I'm in Iphone IOS 16.

I updated my phone and I saw the controls for a few days but now nothing appears on the lock screen and I don't understand why. I've logged out and back in, deleted the app and redownloaded it, and played with the settings but nothing has helped.
3 Replies

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out and kudos for the troubleshooting steps you've tried already.

We've tested this on our end, however, we couldn't reproduce the issue. Can you please let us know the exact OS version and Spotify version of your device?

Also, is it possible to check if the same happens when using a different account?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am running IOS 16.3.1 and I just checked if another account would show up on the lock screen but sadly it didn't. I remember changing the wallpaper after the update and the process was new, could that have played a part in it? I still get other notifications so the only thing missing are the controls. 

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 14+

Operating System

iOS 17.3

My Question or Issue

About 2 Days ago, Spotify no longer shows its controls on my lock screen, and only shows the basic iPhone music player. I have tried every option I could find on multiple websites (here is one link for an example): Spotify Not Showing on Lock Screen? Here's the Fixes! (viwizard.com). I have tried logging in and logging out, restarting my phone, a clean uninstall of the app, and trying to change my settings. The only thing I can think of that could be the problems is when I used the "Hey Siri" Features, and/or the newest updates to both Spotify and iOS 17.3, though I believe it is most likely the former, as that seems to be the point in which my lock screen stopped showing the Spotify controls/album covers of the songs that I am listening to. 

Basic Iphone music.jpg

Suggested posts