Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes on iPod Touch 3G

Spotify crashes on iPod Touch 3G

I have been having a problem for months with the Spotify app on my iPod Touch (iOS 5.1.1). During playback, the app crashes, either during the first song I play or after a few songs. When it crashes, the music begins to stutter and then goes silent once the app has closed itself. I have tried factory resets on my iPod and cannot seem to get around the issue. When I download the app, I get the notification that it is not compatible for iOS 5 but it lets me download the latest compatible version, which is the version that I am having trouble with. I have even downloaded the iOS 4 version of the app and have the same issue.

Any idea what could be causing this and how it can be solved?

6 Replies

Does adjusting the streaming quality make any difference? Are you using offline playlists?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The quality is currently on normal which I am guessing is the one that should be least demanding for the app.

EDIT: I have since tried other playback qualities and it is still crashing. I am not using offline playlists.

I am still getting this problem. Have tried reinstalling the app and still no avail. My worry is that now that iOS 5 is old hat I'm going to be left with an app that does not work, despite the fact that I am paying for a 'Premium' service.

EDIT: It is now not even letting me download the Spotify app. It simply says "This app requires iOS 6.0"

Can you download it from App Store > Purchased > Spotify? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:

Can you download it from App Store > Purchased > Spotify? 

I have managed to download it again after resetting my iPod, however the crashing problem persists. I am at a loss.

I am having exactly the same problem, with the same device.  I've pretty much given up using Spotify on my iPod, which is really unfortunate.  I assume Spotify is no longer supporting/fixing this version of the app.

Suggested posts