Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes when I add a song to a certain playlist [IPAD]

Solved!

Spotify crashes when I add a song to a certain playlist [IPAD]

Almost every time I add a song to a certain playlist (it has 4756 songs if that helps) the app crashes. The song is added, but I have to reload the app again. Very annoying. This doesn't happen when I add to any other playlist, and it has only happened since the most recent update. Any help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I downloaded the latest Spotify update yesterday and the problem has been resolved!  Hooray!  I hope the latest update solved the problem for all of you as well.

Thanks Spotify!

Brian

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Does adding any track cause the crash or is it just with a particular track? You're not hitting the 3,333 offline tracks per device limit are you?

It could be worth recreating the playlist in the desktop client by copying all the tracks into a new empty playlist then deleting the original to see if that helps.

Adding any track causes the crash. And it's definitely not the 3,333 limit as its not an offline playlist! I could recreate it, but honestly I'd rather not as I have people subscribed to it .:(

It's basic but can you try reinstalling the Spotify app? All your playlists will be there waiting for you afterwards, don't worry.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Reinstalled and still having the same problem.

Help?

I have the same issue on my iPad 3. It seems indeed playlist related. Very strange...
Follow me

I have the same problem on my Ipad. It just started today for no reason. It crashes even adding songs to a playlist with 8 songs. I have only 3 playlists and combined no more than 500 songs total (Around 700 if you take into account the "Liked from Radio")

This is indeed very annoying. PLease someone help with this.

How many times must I bump this before someone helps?

I am having the same problem on my iPhone. Any playlist, any track, random occurrence ( not every time). It's been happening since latest update. Very annoying! Please fix this bug!

This is really driving me nuts! Please fix!

I'm having the exact same issue.  I just subscribed to Spotitfy Premium and installed the app on my Retina iPad.  Approximatly 3 out of 5 songs that I add to any playlist (online or off) will crash the app.  My biggest playlist is around 70 songs and I have 12 songs offline in one of my other 4 playlists.  Not sure what to do.  The app works perfectly on my iPhone, Windows8 PC and my Samsung TV.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Brian

I started having the same problem today.

C'mon Spotify... I posted this problem 2 weeks ago

Can a mod at least give us a reply instead of ignoring?

Hey guys 🙂 

For technical support issues such as this you are almost always better to get in touch with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to investigate your account further.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the reply and all, but then what's the point of this? And why send us here for help in the first place if no one will pay attention?

Same issue here. iOS 6.1.3. Spotify app crashes whenever I add a track (any track) to an existing playlist, or create a new playlist from an album. Started recently, like within the last few weeks.

Marked as solution

I downloaded the latest Spotify update yesterday and the problem has been resolved!  Hooray!  I hope the latest update solved the problem for all of you as well.

Thanks Spotify!

Brian

I also downloaded the latest update on iPhone and it is fixed! Thank you Spotify!!

Suggested posts