Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify do not play upgrade to premium

Spotify do not play upgrade to premium

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

So I recently upgraded to spotify premium after not having it for a long time. When on my iPhone I had a playlist that I used to just dump all of the songs I wanted to listen to. Since without premium you can only shuffle play that's how I used it, but as time went on I kind of listened to some of the songs too much so I didn't want to listen to them anymore. I used the "do not play this song" function so that I could take a break from certain songs. However, I just upgraded to premium and it seems I can't play the songs that I had on the do not play setting before the upgrade. Upgrading to premium also seemed to change the interface of the app and I can't find the do not play setting to toggle it off. I want to listen to some of these songs now and it seems I can't on my iPhone or Mac (it just says "Spotify can't play this song right now etc."). How do I fix this aside from cancelling and waiting the month to then untoggle it? 

5 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. You can also check this FAQ 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

both those fixes didn’t work. I’m currently on spotify 8.4.67.665 and I have an iphone 6s running ios 11.2.5

Hey @Calvin5,

Sorry for the delay!

Could try to install any pending updates?

I've checked and the latest version for iOS is 11.4.1 while you had 11.2.5

Could you attach a screenshot when trying to play those songs? Can you tell me where do you find this music that can't be played, I mean do you have them in a playlist or you find them by searching the song?

If possible, could you try it from another device to see if that helps?

Please let me know 🙂

I don’t want to upgrade ios because it seems to slow down my phone. This problem is not specific to my device. When I’m on my phone, I press on a song and it just resets the currently playing tab at the bottom to nothing (there’s really nothing to screenshot). On my computer it gives the error I described above. It’s  only the songs that I used the “do not play” function with.

Hey @Calvin5,

Could you check if you can put some of the unplayable tracks in a playlist and then see what happens when they play that list? If it's giving some sort of error message a screenshot would be great, in both your phone and PC.

Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts