Device

iPhone 6

Operating System

iOS 12.4.8

Spotify version

App Reinstall counter

Device restart counter

My Question or Issue

Since the last update my Spotify Installation is functionally broken since no song is played anymore. I can select any random song, tap it and it is loaded into the player, the artwork is loading, the play button switches to pause mode and the timers appear. However, the song just refused to play. I can scrub through the timeline, but the moment I stop scrubbing     the knob rests where ever i left it.

I tried reinstalling Spotify numerous times, restarted my device, purged the app cache and switched between Wi-Fi and cellular. Nothing fixed it by now. 

What I also observed is while Spotify being started or running in background my device starts being laggy and battery drains.

Are you experiencing anything similar and have even fixed it? Currently Spotify is not usable anymore for me, so i would highly appreciate any hints on how to resolve that issue.

Thank you!

2 Replies

I'm sorry that you can't listen to Spotify right now!

Do you use Spotify while being connected to Bluetooth somehow? I know that when I use Spotify while connected to Bluetooth, sometimes it'll continue playing (everything will load perfectly) and there will be no sound. This happens even if the device that's connected to Bluetooth is off.

Hey there @mmaedler,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

We suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. You can find the steps here

Can you also try to log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists?

Does this occur on one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts