Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't work with wifi

Spotify doesn't work with wifi

Hi there. Four days ago before the last update on iPhone 6, my Spotify was working fine.
But after I update it, every time I connect my iPhone to the wifi, my Spotify stop working
5 Replies

Hey @Adrianholguin,

Can you please let me know what exactly isn't working in the App? That would be very helpful.

Thanks! 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there Maxim,

We (my partner, daughter and myself) have the same issue with our ios devices (iphone 5S, 6, iPad 3, iPad Mini 3) since the latest Spotify update (3rd November). When I'm connected to my wlan Spotify closes within a few seconds after starting the app. When I'm not connected to my wlan the app is working fine (using mobile data). Sometimes the following workaround is working: starting the app without wlan, starting a song, then switiching the wlan on by using the ios controll center within the Soptify app. But as the workaraound isn't working everytime resp. only for a undefined period and as I'm paying for Spotify (Premium Family) the workaraound isn't a long term solution for me.

Looking forward to your trouble shooting tips.

Kind regards,

Sascha

Can you give this a try? 

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/reinstallation-of-spotify/

MaximSpotify Star

Hi Maxim,

Regrettably it didn't work. I deinstalled Spotify from my iPad and then installed it again, but the problem still occurs. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Sascha

I'm sorry to hear that a reinstallation of Spotify didn't fix the issue. I recommend restarting and/or resetting your router.

Are you seeing any error messages? Or does the app close with no error message at all?

Also, I highly recommend checking if there any restrictions in the router that are blocking the use of Spotify.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts