Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for iOS 4.2.1 and WebOS 3.0 doesn't sync playlists

Spotify for iOS 4.2.1 and WebOS 3.0 doesn't sync playlists

I have been using Spotify v0.4.24.65.gaef36bd1 with a Late 2009 iPod touch 3rd gen 8GB (MC086KS, iOS 4.2.1).

But now it doesn't anymore sync the playlists like my newer iOS devices running a current version of Spotify and iOS 9/10 do.

Any changes I do to the playlists on my Mac (OS X 10.11.6) don't sync to the old iPod. I have logged out/in, rebooted, reinstalled Spotify, set Spotify offline/online, deleted/rebuilt OS X Spotify folder but the problem persists. The same problem is with a new LG Smart TV OLED55B6V: also its Spotify 1.1.5 for WebOS 3.0 doesn't sync playlists with other devices.

I can make a playlist with the old iPod and use that but I'd really like to sync the Mac's playlist as I did before.

Has there been a recent change that disables Spotify on old and new devices like that iPod and smart TV??

2 Replies

Hey @wywh! Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, iOS 4.2.1 is not supported by Spotify. You can read more about the requirements for Spotify here. As for your LG TV, it could be this Ongoing Issue. Let me know if there's anything else.

Have a nice day! 🙂 

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply but now suddenly Spotify spontaneously again started to sync playlists in the old iPod touch 3rd gen 8GB (MC086KS, iOS 4.2.1) and in the new LG OLED55B6V smart TV (WebOS 3.0).

So now they work OK again. Maybe it was something in the Spotify's end that caused this.

Suggested posts