Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is very slow and unresponsive after unlocking phone

Spotify is very slow and unresponsive after unlocking phone

Over the last few days have noticed spotify is completely unresponsive for like 10 seconds when unlocking the iPhone - extremely annoying,

Any ideas?
4 Replies

Hey!

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

Clean Reinstallation of Spotify:
iOS
Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, head to Spotify.com, login to your account and head to the Offline Devices tab and remove all devices] -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I haven't since this problem started - but I have reinstalled the app and re-synced gb's of albums twice in the last few months to solve other problems which is an absolute pain.

Is this still the stupid way of fixing so called upgrades to the service I, increasingly question why, pay for?

@Deadpan updates to the service is being rolled out every single hour/day/minute as we speak, when that happens, some updates might get jumbled up. So thats why it could be irritating at times, but the service is undergoing constant improvements everyday and a/b tests are running to determine the optimal preferences of the end user every day.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Suggested posts